Todays CW finds

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
Only had about an hour to get out this evening, weather was great here in East Tn. I went to fort that has been pounded for 30 years, I was surprised to get a few weak signals, and after a little digging, the signals became better, ended up with 2 minis, the back of a button, the front turned to dust in front of me , the other find, and the deepest was a chain, I didn't measure how deep, but the picture says it all, I thought it was going to be a great find up until the end, I can only imagine what it pulled last, being 30 yards below the fort. I can't say enough about my Etrac, I'm not great with it yet, but I do know my MXT wouldn't have found the bullets or button, and I had become very good with that machine, everyday that passes I find myself learning more about the Etrac.
The large oval thing that looks like a large cent is blank on both sides, it was a foot down and I just KNEW I had a great find when I pulled it up, and then.....well....it was....blank
Last picture is of the Fort itself
You can see the chain below my pinpointer btw

Attachments

• 0324102348.jpg
    0324102348.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 326
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 325
  • 0324101941.jpg
    0324101941.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy, you are up late tonight Buddy. That's a good hunt for an hour in anyone's book. Those dropped 3 ringers have a great patina. The soil must be well drained there. You better hit it early tomorrow, rain is on the way. HH.

OP
OP
Tnrelicman

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Thanks, I was very surprised to find them considering how much that paticular area has been searched over the years, how do you like your 1266? I'm thinking about getting one as a back up, Ive heard GREAT things about them, and I really like the old fishers

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tnrelicman said:
Thanks, I was very surprised to find them considering how much that paticular area has been searched over the years, how do you like your 1266? I'm thinking about getting one as a back up, Ive heard GREAT things about them, and I really like the old fishers
I love it although I use the F75 now. The F75 gets more depth and can separate good things from iron. Buckleboy loves his 1266-X also. I still use the old Fisher on scouting trips. Those 2 detectors are the only two detectors I have ever owned. It was sure ahead of its time. You can't go wrong with it as a back up. However, by the time that you locate a 1266-X, you may be able to find a F75 that someone has traded in on a F75 LTD for about the same money. HH Buddy.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Guy. :coffee2:
I think I remember that spot you have in the photo.
If I recall, my Gladiator shovel was hung up on that log.
Wait a minute, That thing got hung up on every log! :laughing7:

Nice finds there for such a short hunt partner.

See you in N-port :sign13:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow. Way to go Guy. When we hunted that fort I thought the same thing about it being very hard to find targets. Goes to show the deeper targets are still there. Maybe that buckle is there just waiting for that Etrac to go over it.

OP
OP
Tnrelicman

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Looks nasty out today, and I do believe we need to work on that area some more Randy. Mike have you posted a picture of that digger/manual bulldozer/bear killer/just in case I need to strike oil tool lol, I did find a picture of something that reminded me of it, I will post it below.
I'm just kidding btw, I really do like it, its one bada-- digger!!!

Attachments

• diggers-4_large.jpg
    diggers-4_large.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 193
  • geothermal_water_well_drill.jpg
    geothermal_water_well_drill.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 195

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tnrelicman said:
Looks nasty out today, and I do believe we need to work on that area some more Randy. Mike have you posted a picture of that digger/manual bulldozer/bear killer/just in case I need to strike oil tool lol, I did find a picture of something that reminded me of it, I will post it below.
I'm just kidding btw, I really do like it, its one bada-- digger!!!

Yes we do have to hit that area again before the snakes start coming out. I am camping with the Boys Scouts this weekend but may be free Sunday when I get back. I like Mike's major digging tool as well. Can you imagine the muscles he is getting?....lol Don't tell my wife or she will want me to get one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions