Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today's CW hunt

Took advantage of the nice weather today went back to the CW camp Tnrelicman (Guy) and I have been hunting. Joining us today was Crevias (David) and Larry. This is a very large piece of property and all in the woods. We have always found relics everytime we hunted and today we found a few more. Although we did not find very much but any finds is a good day. My first find got me really excited. I saw the round dome shaped object in the hole and thought to myself I found another button. But when I took it out it seemed too heavy to be a button. Appears to be a fired round ball that must have hit one of the rocks. This place has a lot of rock formations and numerous bullets have been found near them. Even directly under them as well. Which is where my next find was. I was near where I found an eagle "I" button a few months ago and decided to hunt it again. I got a good loud signal that was reading under a rock. I dug around the rock and found the edge and then dug under it. Out came the 3 ringer. And about a foot from there was another loud tone. I dug about 6" and checked the hole and it was still in it. Pin pointed it and made another scoop of dirt out. Now it was out but took me what seemed like 15 minutes to find it. It was a very small fired round. I found the usual numerous shot gun hulls and a complete .25 auto round marked W R A Co. I would guess Winchester Repeater Arms Co.

Attachments

• 001 (1024x768).jpg
    001 (1024x768).jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
Re: Today's CW hunt

Thats definetly some well earned led buddy!!!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice Recoveries Randy!!! Those .22s and 25s are aggravating but you never know so you've got to dig them. HH, Quindy.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done TH. Your hard work paid off. Some of the lead we found yesterday was under large branches. It's worth moving them sometimes. :icon_thumleft:
Congrats,
MM

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

VOL1266-X said:
Nice Recoveries Randy!!! Those .22s and 25s are aggravating but you never know so you've got to dig them. HH, Quindy.

Thanks Quindy. Those small lead rounds gets you excited for a bit because when you are trying to pinpoint them out of the hole they are so small you think it may be a small cuff button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread