Todays CW relic hunt

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
Today's CW relic hunt

Today I spent a couple of hours hunting a farm field near the RR tracks where I've recently found some CW relics. I found 2 3-ringer bullets, a thick, heavy piece of brass that appears to be the wing of an eagle. (any ideas what it might be part of?)flag staff ornament perhaps? I also found the back of a cuff button with shank(not pictured...I forgot it was in my cig pack at photo time). Then i found a stainless steel spoon marked USMC. and a bunch of melted lead and whatsits and iron farm junque. I've hunted this side of the tracks for about a yr and today I ventured across the tracks and got permission to hunt about 200 acres or so of freshly plowed field on the other side of the tracks. Immediately I start seeing the colored glass, bits of china etc on the surface. I hunted this field about an hour and in the first 10 mins I found a coin made of copper but unidentifiable..no detail that i can see. I found lots of melted globs of brass , lead and aluminum. There were a few melted globs of metal that had a thin green patina on them that easily rubbed off and beneath the patina was a shiny silvery metal...much too heavy to be aluminum. could this be melted silver?...or some other metal...any ideas?

Thanx for looking and HH y'all

Attachments

• DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 450
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 447
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's CW relic hunt

the USMC may mean United States Marine Corp

HH
-GC

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds...admit it...you tried to straighten that spoon and broke it didn't you. ;D

OP
OP
G

gxray

Jan 30, 2009

romeo-1 said:
Nice finds...admit it...you tried to straighten that spoon and broke it didn't you. ;D

yep :-[

usmc0351

Jul 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT, Tejon, Excal 2

you saved a little bit of history today,,,,ill take that any day,,,,great finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread