John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today's Desert Prospecting Adventure

Dug up some rich pay dirt and also my gemini went off like a son of a gun. So I'm down to 3.5 feet and the gemini is screaming and I put the tesoro in there and that went bananas as well... so I brought home 10, 5 gallon buckets in my truck of paydirt to run this week.

Here I'am on my dig.

20140615_121217_copy.jpg

20140615_142122_copy.jpg

20140615_142107.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well John, Im going through some medical things right now. But if you do ever start invites just give me a pm. Sorry you and Terry dont get a long I really like some of his videos.

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_20140610_014213.jpg

My one day 22 ounce haul, and I do that every day... sometimes 18 ounces and sometimes 36.... and, depending how much I bring back to my ranch near Gold Canyon.

I camp out here for a week, every other week.

My kids and grandkids come out with me and we all have a real blast

It's just a hobby for me and a good way to spend my retirement.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful GOLD John...
party.gif~original

Last edited:
OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful GOLD John...
party.gif~original

Terry/John....with all due respect gents, nobody here is the least
bit interested in your personal disagreements. Any chance y'all could
keep that to yourselves?

Sure

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dizzy, Im a show me the gold type of guy myself. Not many can do that. I have been blessed with some very good friends. I have one friend mad at me as I even post on here. I have been out of the hunt as of late, and John's post is just what I needed to get motivated again. Now Im gonna go watch some of terrys videos too lol.

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Dizzy, Im a show me the gold type of guy myself. Not many can do that. I have been blessed with some very good friends. I have one friend mad at me as I even post on here. I have been out of the hunt as of late, and John's post is just what I needed to get motivated again. Now Im gonna go watch some of terrys videos too lol.

I hope you can get back into it, sometimes it's good to take a break every now and then. I usually take a 4 month break from this site at times. I hope you get to feeling better and will give you a heads up if you wanna fill some buckets of powdered gold, down the road.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John. I actually got out today for the first time in a long time. Left my buckets at the house. Pick Up needs a radiator. It was ordered last week still not here. I am sure by fall I will be back in the hunt. I think what your doing is a good idea, and more my type of hunt. I will continue to get out for short hunts till I get through all this medical stuff.

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks John. I actually got out today for the first time in a long time. Left my buckets at the house. Pick Up needs a radiator. It was ordered last week still not here. I am sure by fall I will be back in the hunt. I think what your doing is a good idea, and more my type of hunt. I will continue to get out for short hunts till I get through all this medical stuff.

This particular place is an old spanish mine, I have many claims all over this area. Bought them up years ago, when they were cheaper. I notice the price of the claim goes up depending on the spot value of gold. I went to the blm and looked at what people didn't renew and snagged them up. I also have some claims in Nevada, California and Oregon.

Last edited:

KiddoTheMiner

Jun 9, 2014
Forsyth county, GA
Detector(s) used
Jobe drop riffle sluice
Garrett gold pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1009747

My one day 22 ounce haul, and I do that every day... sometimes 18 ounces and sometimes 36.... and, depending how much I bring back to my ranch near Gold Canyon.

I camp out here for a week, every other week.

My kids and grandkids come out with me and we all have a real blast

It's just a hobby for me and a good way to spend my retirement.

you sir have too much gold, I think its causeing medical problems like gold fever. to fix this you just need to give me some :-]

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure you have to dig big holes and move a lot of material to get gold like that. So, you don't have much of a choice do you?. I'm sure you will reclaim them when you are done with them.

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That looks like a boatload of fun man and one hell of a good haul to boot! I'm up in Prescott so if you ever get out this way look me up man.

Charlie

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty sure you have to dig big holes and move a lot of material to get gold like that. So, you don't have much of a choice do you?. I'm sure you will reclaim them when you are done with them.

Yes, when I can't get around anymore...

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you sir have too much gold, I think its causeing medical problems like gold fever. to fix this you just need to give me some :-]

Thanks. I stay out of washes and away from the black sands. I like finding a good streak on top, but you have to scrap away the magnetite layer first (I run my tesoro over them first, to make sure there's no magnetite on nuggets there). No matter how hot the desert, below 1 foot... the ground become a little damp. There is a lot of fine's here on the lower level (flat) and on the upper level (mid hill) I have hard dried mud with a lot of color and up high on the mountain (upper end of mid hill and top), I have hard rock gold. So, depending how I feel that day and the temps outside of the day I visit. I will go to the places that best suit me.

There's a lot of signs and symbols out here as well... but in the mean time... I will continue to have my little bit of fun and it get's me away from the big city hub bub and noise.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey John Arizona, are you the Jon S. that's got the claims above the Newsboy patents and the Hassayampa?

That ground looks really familiar - like my winter home backyard. :laughing7:

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey John Arizona, are you the Jon S. that's got the claims above the Newsboy patents and the Hassayampa?

That ground looks really familiar - like my winter home backyard. :laughing7:

no sir, afraid not... sorry

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Generally I stay out of the washes due to black sand (most of my spots here don't have black sand).

The low lying ditch here and is a good source for digging holes, I scout out the area for my next weeks visit, mark the way point with my gps so I can remember where it's at when I come back out. It is in a nice shady spot, my kid keeps an eye out for the snakes and plug em with a .38 varmit shot load

20140615_130016.jpg

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, please post by our rules....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread