Todays Digs, And Interesting Whatsit

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Today's Digs, And Interesting Whatsit

I spent about 45 minutes playing today and came up with these crusty treasures. The thing on the top left is flattened, but has finger ridges in the center like it was a cap for something. I thought the shotgun shell was an old toy train wheel, but i was foiled. The heart shaped thing had an iron back that i partially took off. I made out "Union Made" on the top of it, and there's some sort of building in the center. It may just be affiliated with trade unions, but because of the age of the other stuff i've seen pulled out ..........the "Union" could mean Civil War

Attachments

• IMG_0932.JPG
    IMG_0932.JPG
    537.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    329.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0941.JPG
    IMG_0941.JPG
    368.1 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen one like it, but if that is a button and it is heart shaped it could be a carhartt's button. Maybe even from gloves.

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found that button with searching carhartt's heart union made button. Heart shaped buttons were made by carhartt's (now just carhartt) from 1900-1930...cool find for sure.

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer John, was sure thinking that heart was going to turn out to be something extra special when you showed it to me. Still better than the "buttons" that I dug.....they all turned out to be tiny washers!! LOL My only good find was the 3 ringer. Picked up a spike out of the trolley rail today. May go down to pick a few more of those up, they're smaller than railroad spikes and I figure this is probably going to be the one and only chance to get those. Nice local collectible, wish they had some id numbers or something on them though. Ah well. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread