JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Hope you all got out over the weekend and did some digging. I couldn't get out Saturday because of my son's ball game. But I did get out today for about 3 hrs.

Had a solid outing over at the old park I like to hunt. It's close to home and when I don't want to travel far I go there. I've hunted it hard over the yrs but I can't seem to clean it out.

I came away with 2 1902 indian heads. This park has given up over a 100 indians over the past 3 yrs. Lot of turn of the century finds in this place.

I also pulled 3 wheats. One of them is so bad I couldn't get a date. Finding them in the rocky path area of the park. There deep and in bad shape but I'll take them.

Also got a ruff 1913 sunoco token. Actually made in 1969. But it still was a keeper and nice to see it come up. Thought it was a silver washington at first. Came out still shiny.

The 2 finds I liked most today were the old fob for some kind of buisness I'm guessing. 5th Ave is in downtown Pittsburgh. I live in Pittsburgh.

I find alot of pieces around here that have to do with my city. I also found a really neat coin shaped charm with a old boat on it. I swear this is a old wheat or indian head.

It looks as if someone put it on the train track and flatened it all out. Then did some carving work to it. I could be wrong. But' I've seen them do other things to old worn down coins.

Hope you all like the finds. Gonna try and get the finds up quicker before they build up to much. I just like to wait and post alot when I post.

HH Jer

Attachments

• May 6th finds 001.jpg
    May 6th finds 001.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 443
  • May 6th finds 009.jpg
    May 6th finds 009.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 437
  • May 6th finds 003.jpg
    May 6th finds 003.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 534
  • May 6th finds 004.jpg
    May 6th finds 004.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 524
  • May 6th finds 005.jpg
    May 6th finds 005.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 570
  • May 6th finds 002.jpg
    May 6th finds 002.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 428
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Here are the meager relics for today.

HH Jer

Attachments

• May 6th finds 006.jpg
    May 6th finds 006.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 452

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Love that token/charm, very cool and unusual find Jer, congrats on that and all the nice old coins. Sweet!

Smiles!
BDoo

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Re: Todays Digs: Old Fob, Indian Heads, Wheat Cents, Car Token. + Neat Boat Char

Nice stuff. Those IH's look great. ;D 100 from one site?! Wow. That's my kind of site. :)

Bob

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of finds. The Fob looks like it might be a baggage tag from an old railroad.

HH, Ringfinder

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat relics, I like the 5th ave. item, it looks very much like a Rail Road baggage tag I dug last fall.

Attachments

• rr baggage tag frt.jpg
    rr baggage tag frt.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 367
  • new_railroad tag 003.jpg
    new_railroad tag 003.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 367

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jer,

outstanding group of finds.

"I came away with 2 1902 indian heads.
This park has given up over a 100 indians
over the past 3 yrs. Lot of turn of the
century finds in this place"

WOW :o

have a good un.................
SHERMANVILLE

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Re: Todays Digs: Old Fob, Indian Heads, Wheat Cents, Car Token. + Neat Boat Char

Great stuff! I think the "boat charm" is probably one of the many c. 1898 commemorative medalets depicting the ill-fated USS Maine which exploded in Havana Harbor, an event which triggered the Spanish-American War. "Remember the Maine !" etc. Here's another one:
Maine.jpg

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot everyone.

Mirage, This old park has given up a ton of indians. It is now tough to find them here but I know there are still a few missed here and there. I'm happy if I walk out of the place with a few nice old coins.

This area is funny. Great place to hunt after a heavy rain. I find them at 8 and 9 inches deep. Sometimes 2 or 3 of them in a row. Mostly common dates but every now and then it throws out a key date.

Lot of V-nickles also. I probably got about 30 barber dimes out of this place also. I've built up a nice collection just from this park over the yrs.

Pbk, You are awesome. You always seem to amaze me with your great researching skills. This item was found about 10ft away from the 1902 indian.

I knew it was old. This place was built in 1894. It fits the time frame really well. I knew it had to be something. I love to learn about new finds.

Thanks again for all your great help on the site.

Also Tsgman, Thanks alot for posting the tag you found for comparison. I think you are dead on. I knew it wasn't your typical watch fob. I just called it that. Wasn't sure exactly what it was. The railroad was huge in my area back in the day.

We still have alot of trains and tracks around here as of today. Pittsburgh, was and still may be the largest steel making area around. I love to find these unique realics or one's I may never come across again.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread