Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's find a good luck token and Marvin after 47 yrs.Returned

I went to Quarry Hill Park detecting today and an area where the wild grass is still matted down.

This was 4 inches deep and when I got home I looked it over and could see Marvin Toogood, 9 yrs. Wall drug S.Dak.

I looked in the phone book and called the first Toogood on the list and told her who I was and what I had found. I asked her if she knew Marvin and she said yes and told me his wife's name and that they were listed in the phone book. I dial the number and a guy answers. I told him who I was and that I metal detect and that I found a good luck token with Marvin Toogood, 9 years on it and if that would been him. He said it was and that him and his brother would go there and catch butterflies in nets when they were kids. He said he had lost it right after he got it. Marvin is 56 yrs. now so this has been lost for 47 years.
I talked to Marvin for a half hour and found out he used to detect old farm houses years ago "with permission" and told me he was detecting some old window sills and got hit on one and pulled up the sill and there was a gold coin wrapped in wax paper.

I told him about my gold coins I found and other finds.

I asked if I could get a picture of him when he comes over tomorrow to pick it up and post it on TreasureNet and he said it would be OK.

He talked about going back to some of his old sites he never finished.
I told him I had a DFX he could use if he wanted and I hope to go along.

Good Luck

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 832
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 837
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Today's find a good luck token and Marvin after 47 yrs.Returned

Nana40 said:
Great that you could return that to him, Rog! I bet it brought back a lot of fun memories for him. Maybe a new hunting buddy for you? :wink:

You did good! :icon_thumright:

Nana :hello:
Thanks Nana. He has my number and I told him he could use my DFX. Sounds like he is very busy and on call at work. Just have to see what happens. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread