ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have mostly got settled in Utah now. Decided to do a bit of exploring since I saw a sign along the highway that said Sand Wash boat ramp. Silly me thought I would find a beautiful body of water that I haven't seen.

So I get off the highway and onto a back country road. That road turned to dirt and it kept going and going and going! I ended up at the Green river. No sand there just clay muck. No boat ramp and a dead end road in Desolation Canyon. The road I was on was 35 miles long. How anyone could possibly take a boat on it let alone launch it I have absolutely no clue. The last picture is of my truck at the end of the road.

Beautiful scenery but a FAR CRY from boat ramps in Michigan! I did find a place to detect though but it is very close to the town I live in. As soon as a nicer day hits I will try this beach.

Upvote 23

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You shared some amazing treasures with us by showing us your pics thank you, I would give that cabin a go just for some artifacts.That cave actually looks like a mine.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doug, I saw a few caves. Some are pretty far up the mountain sides. I plan on scoping some out though. I didn't have a flashlight or a detector with me this trip. I will be having fun here for sure. Went to a lake today. Water was crystal clear. Saw a few rainbow and cutthroat trout. I will take a few more pictures as soon as I can. There is treasure to find here.

Yeah I could tell its a ways up, I guess they put them up there for a reason and ease of access was not it.
Easy for me to say "Go forth and climb !", but I have doubts if it would be very wise for 1 guy to tackle a project like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread