ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
todays find- two heart gold earring - the coinstar aka new free "claw" machine

yep folks found a new twist to the old claw machine game * --- but this time you play for free * and the prizes are often gold or diamond earrings --- that are in the trash catcher tray below the coin dump grate area on the coinstar machines --seems gals just love to mix in the earrings into the change they dump / they fall thru the holes in the grate and land below in the trash tray --normally theres no way to get at em -- until now that is* ---yep after seeing several of these justing "sitting there" ----I figgered out a way to nab em -- --I use a spring load claw ended --car machanic nut / screw picker up tool ---slide the tool thru the grate hole --push the plunger --the claw opens -- lower it on the item --let close --pull the goodie out --works like a charm. :wink: --- Ivan

todays "prize" was a two heart earring in gold -- one solid over a hollow outlined one

of course for sharing my trick with you you gotta post your CLAW finds as such as in the "the claw" found me x today

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Re: todays find- two heart gold earring - the coinstar aka new free "claw" machine

not once ever. ;D as you well know PLEHBAH like you --- I too shade my actions with my body (easy at 400 lbs and 6' 1 ") plus its legal since your not "breaking into" the money storage area of it for gods sake , your just dipping into the trash bin --(if asked -- you could say--- I'M getting your daughters / wifes / girlfreinds / moms earring out that I screwed up and dumped in with my change the other day-- now their whining about it being lost and I gotta get it back to make em happy -- if its a guy he "knows" how women whine and will take pity on you --if its a gal she knows how women are about "their" stuff ****OMFG you lost their .... --either way your good to go-- --(say) --- you can see it / them , its/ they are - right there plain as day-- now point to the "prize" )--- now I will not talk about you PLEHBAH and that slot machine and the slambar thingy in vagas.( cause what happens in vagas .....)

- however I am a "known" card counter --and have been barred from several places. :wink:--trust me you do not want to play poker with me -- P.S. -- I have a rule I never play with folks I like or want to remain freinds with.

or you can do like me if I'm ever asked whats up ( I never have been) -- I'll show rm exactly what I'm doing --cleaning junk out of the junk bin -- now if they got a problem wit that , ok I will not do it anymore. bye bye

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: todays find- two heart gold earring - the coinstar aka new free "claw" machine

Nice, have'nt thought of that!

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil

interesting?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You sir are a true treasure hunter! Reminds me of my son (10 years old) who looks under the vending machines for coins every time we go to Wal-Mart ;D

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ha,I do one better ,when the coinstar guy comes to my store(the same time every month) he lets me have anything that falls down.Usually it's coins from other countries but sometimes it's jewlery. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

foreign coins from the magnet (many foreign coins are magnetic)-- andtiny coins and jewelry items most likely from the trash bin* -- if I was there using my"claw" method --you'ld get nothing worth while from the trash bin (cuz I've snagged it already) --- =----I must say very nice "arrangement" you got with the coinstar dude -- of course you check the "reject slot" often for foreign coins and the silver coins that the coinstars reject I'm sure :wink:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did you make this tool or did you purchase it - are you willing to show a picture of this tool ? I would like to have one .

Thank You ! Argentium.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

you can buy one at a napa or auto parts store for a few bucks (their not very much--l.) just ask for a spring loaded "claw type" machanics nut or screw pick up tool . --they will know what they are .---- * heres a similar one to mine --- KD TOOL model 2844 pick up tool 13 1/2 inch long fllexible cable with a sping loaded push button with claw gripper end type--- price $ 6.66 plus S & H on amazon

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Re: todays find- two heart gold earring - the coinstar aka new free "claw" machi

Now that is treasure hunting! I go to get me one of those...tomorrow in fact!

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

ah 2 solid yes converts to the school of CLAW and three pospects ;D-- 10 replies and 305 views not bad

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

bump just for the check of it want 500 looks *

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

SWR --- who you think your kidding ?---you love being the >:D devil's advocate .

I'm not forcing a opening or breaking into the cash box area -in any way - the the trash grate "openings" already exist * just getting out stuff via the opening thats already there .-- like finding change left behind in the coin "reject" slot -- guess since its not "your change" offically you can't take it "legally" either --- I guess you must leave it behind then --so its a "holy cow" not to be touch except by the machine company man

whats next don't pick up change on the street cuz its "not" yours ?

that law is to stop folks from breaking into the cash boxes of parking meters or money changing machines with the intent to steal money from them

this is just recovering lost bits of jewelry in a "trash bin" .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread