kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,
I know that someene here has a ring that wil fit into............

Kermit

F

Floater

Trevor I can't believe you found that. My wife will be so Happy . Just send it to ........ :D Nice Eye. HH

OP
OP
T

Trevor43

Greenie
Oct 27, 2004
At first I thought it was a sequin.........took about four steps and knew I had to turn around and check it out. It was in a crack between two bricks in sand......this is going to be some hard currency around the house if it's real.

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
WTG!!! ;D Sure hope its real and a good one at that! I know I'm always looking for lost stones...because you know people lose them all the time! I have found lots of great things...just from looking. Let us know you find out for sure! Hey when you get it tested ...DON"T let anyone be touching it or the machine won't read right! Since it is a loose stone I would take it to a reputable jeweler. Normally if it was set in a ring I would say a pawn shop would be OK. But not since it a loose stone. You might want to wrap it in a piece of paper then put it in a baggie or something to keep it safe. Small thing have a way of "Jumping" out of things.

Great find!!! ;D ;D ;D
HH
Gigi ;)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye, and good luck.

OP
OP
T

Trevor43

Greenie
Oct 27, 2004
Turns out, it IS a absolutly, positivly a big fat...................nothing. It was a fun two days just the same.

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
So sorry.... :-[ :'( But be encouraged ...this time it may not have been a diamond. But I have my share of them, they are out there ...maybe not on the side walk...but who knows? When I say I have found my share ...I do mean found...once in pinned in a old purse! ( a beautiful antique filigree , Plat. ) Do although it hurts to be let down. Don't doubt they are out there to be found! I have found many more yardsales , good wills etc...And don't be shy about having the next one checked out , it could be THE ONE I also want to tell you I have had my share of jewelers tell me if it looks too perfect it can't be real ...thats just their BS! To throw you off and to have you doubt! The ones I have found have been I helluva LOT better then they want to sell! But if your interested study up on what a real diamond looks like vs a fake...by looking at fakes under a jewelers loop. You can get a loop at a higher resolution then the 10x they use at a jewelry counter, so you can REALLY see whats in the stone and the sheen on the outside of a fake. Hope this helps soften the blow of it not being what we had all hoped for you! ;) ;D Hope its not too long before you get your Mding stuff the fall for hunting! Tell your friends and family you want your Christmas now ..and that you won't ask for another thing...except lil' things for Mding...tools...lol Thats my Christmas wish ..Mding tools! ;) :D Then ...in all truth you will have sweat equity to put in, that is the cost to getting something out of Mding!
Happy Hunting! BTW...I ALWAYS look for a lost stones on the ground!
Gigi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread