Today's Finds 2-5-2024

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit my 1860's farm permission. I was finally able to get across the creek that separates the property. I recently discovered that there was another home at the top of the ridge on the west end of the property. Once across the creek I had to climb the ridge stopping to swing a bit on the way up. Only had iron hits as I made it halfway to the top. It was then I realized that from that point on the brush was too thick to go much farther. Looks as though the location of the second home is too overgrown to do any further investigation. I will need to get the drone up to look down on the area. The two homes are listed on both the 1860 and 1874 area maps. I don't know how I missed the home at the top of the ridge when I first got the permission.

I didn't dig any of the iron targets while across the creek. After a little investigation on western side of the creek, I crossed back over and did a bit of searching in the eastern field above the first home. Found a few pieces.

The headstamps are:
U.M.C.CO. NITRO CLUB 1892-1913
PETERS HIGH GUN 1915-1927

P1001294_WM.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 6

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit my 1860's farm permission. I was finally able to get across the creek that separates the property. I recently discovered that there was another home at the top of the ridge on the west end of the property. Once across the creek I had to climb the ridge stopping to swing a bit on the way up. Only had iron hits as I made it halfway to the top. It was then I realized that from that point on the brush was too thick to go much farther. Looks as though the location of the second home is too overgrown to do any further investigation. I will need to get the drone up to look down on the area. The two homes are listed on both the 1860 and 1874 area maps. I don't know how I missed the home at the top of the ridge when I first got the permission.

I didn't dig any of the iron targets while across the creek. After a little investigation on western side of the creek, I crossed back over and did a bit of searching in the eastern field above the first home. Found a few pieces.

The headstamps are:
U.M.C.CO. NITRO CLUB 1892-1913
PETERS HIGH GUN 1915-1927

View attachment 2130234

Thanks for looking...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread