Todays Finds - 2 wheats and some misc.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out today to a local park that most claim to be hunted out with my Explorer XS. Today I was trying to focus on only the deep signals and here are my results:

I got a an old metal jack, 2 nails, some hunk of metal that I haven't cleaned. 92 cents in clad was found, with 81 of it all being from the same hole all stuck together at about 6" deep. I also found 2 wheat pennies. One was a 1916D and the other a 1919. Both were found at about 7-8"

They are my deepest coins to date with this detector.

Explorer%20XS%20-%2011-26-05.JPG

Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the finds!!WTG!!HH

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
B,

nice.

1916 and 1919 wheat? I'd sure be back at that "hunted out park" looking for some silver. Has to be there.

have a good un..........

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds today B!

Nana

R

rvbvetter

Very nice finds!! You must be getting the hang of the Explorer. Sounds like your punching on down there. I agree with others. That site could be worth another visit, with the same idea in mind.
Also if there's any large or wider sounding signals, you night want to dig some of those (as long as their not sprinkler heads). Just to see if they are masking (hiding) any signals from deeper and older coins.
As long as it's practical and you don't have to dig a trench to uncover the larger trash, that is. Sometimes they'll be hiding coins, but sometimes not. Good luck and keep posting those finds. HH

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Go deep. Yep, you did. Nice job on the wheats.

How do you like the Minelab? I hear that they will go deeper than most detectors.

Anyway, good luck.

Bob

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Nice digs, B! Keep checking out the spot, regardless what detector you use. No place is ever really hunted out.... we've seen plent of proof right here on the forum.

Congrats!

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Minelab! I hunted with a few other guys and they were using their Explorer's as well. One guy was new with it and only found a 1936 wheatie and the other is a 4 year veteran of his machine. He found an 1881 indian and a few other indians as well as 5 or 6 nice old wheaties in the same area. I am going to try a few 'virgin' sites tomorrow I believe. The guy that is new to his explorer has a few nice old home sites where he has found large cents at less than 4 inches with other machines and he has yet to learn how to go deep with his new explorer. There should be some nice coins at his spots! There is also another park where he says he has found a lot of seated dimes and quarters at in the past with older detectors.

I will post my finds tomorrow, if I have any, haha, fingers crossed :)

Thanks guys and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread