Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Finds After A Month Of Not Picking

I managed to hit a few sales today between the rain showers. Most of the items came from the last sale which was a family run estate sale in a gated community that you had to make an appointment for.

I spent $20 at a garage sale on the PSP Metal Gear Solid bundle. Plus an extra game not pictured. It's in mint condition with all the extras.

The Couroc Cat tray and the gilded hand blown Goblet were $15 for the pair at an company run estate sale. I need to research the goblet.

The rest of the items came from the aforementioned estate sale. I paid $35 for the lot and several other items not pictured. Pictured are two Freemasonry books entitled Duncan's Ritual of Freemasonry 1923 and King Solomon and His Followers, New York-1 1927 written in code. Two MPC Corvette models, complete- box not sealed but parts are still bagged. 60 something pieces of "1881 Rogers" Oneida Ltd. Silver plated flatware in the Proposal pattern from 1954, A Lladro Polar Bear, A 6.5" Celery Vase made by the Elson Glass Company in the late 1880's. It's the Dew Drop pattern #90 French Opalescent hobnail. Last but not least is this very cool and funky 1950's Pink Tie from Cuba, it's been hand painted (and signed) with a Carmen Miranda like figure on it.

So that's it. Nothing spectacular but at least I made a few good finds considering the weather today. Here's the pics in no particular order-

DSC02583.JPG DSC02577.JPG DSC02574.JPG DSC02578.JPG DSC02580.JPG

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy wow that goblet, also that hobnail! It's a good haul but these two pieces have really great eye appeal. Well, either that or too many estate sales have started to warp my sensibilities towards those of someone's great grandma. Also that tie is epic.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you will do real well on the tie. I can see some rat rod people paying up for it.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. The tie (even though I never wear them) was just too funky to pass up, plus it's a vintage Cuban (pre Castro) piece. The owner was a Navy Seabee and was spent time in Cuba during the early 1950's. The maker label is gone but I think it's sellable, might be good for $20 or so to the right person.

I'm glad someone else appreciates my "old lady" glassware. I think the goblet or whatever it is (still unsure) is Bohemian and may date to the late 1800's. I've posted it on another forum for identification. The opalescent hobnail vase was $1, so it was a no brainer. Even though glass prices are pennies on the dollar compared to what they used to be, it's still good for a $50 bill.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have bought that tie in a second! And $20 is a bargain in my opinion. Post the auction link when/if you list it!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
love everything there. Great finds. Wish I'd been there. Want it all, especially that tie...:notworthy:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured I'd update this thread since I sold a most of the items recently. The PSP sold for $120 shipped in about 6 hours. The 2 corvette models brought almost $30 each plus shipping at auction. The Bohemian goblet sold for $100 shipped. The Freemason's books I added to a lot of 9 other little Masonic books that I had and sold the whole lot together, they went for $38 shipped. And that hot pink tie just sold last night at auction for $81. That was a nice surprise. I haven't listed the flatware yet but I have managed to sell 6 other sets of flatware in the last 2 months.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats and thanks for the update. Another tie lover here. Glad you got a ton more than you bargained for on it. It is way cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread