Today's finds come curtosy of my work's cashier.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got called up front by the cashier at my work.. nothing unusual, just figured my assistance would be needed. So I get up there and there's a few other co workers talking with her.. and there are these coins laid out on her counter. So she tells me this story of how a customer came in and told her this story of how she misplaced her debit card and had to "dip into her silver jar" to purchase whatever was that important. Anyway, so before me lay $4.50 in silver quarters across the counter. I politely mention that I'd take a few if they weren't all accounted for. No one had any objections. In fact, no one else was wanting any of them. 18 silver Washingtons at face!

Now that I've settled down a bit, my attention is now focused on said customer with the jar O' silver. When shall you return, my silver unicorn?

Upvote 13

EARL51

Nov 4, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 70
I would have paid for the coins and gave the person whose Debit Card wasn't available the chance to buy them back.

OP
OP
I

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have paid for the coins and gave the person whose Debit Card wasn't available the chance to buy them back.

The person who paid with the coins was long gone by the time I reached the cashier, and probably by the time they called me up. I would've offered to buy them outright had they been there.. as well as any other coins they wished to sell.

Also I find it strange that they knew what they had and yet felt the need to spend them..? Pretty sure it was for something like cigarettes.. $4.50 won't get you much. Which also makes me wonder if it was THEIR silver jar specifically.. hopefully theirs, but maybe a family member's etc?

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your silver score. Times like that don't happen very often.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yeah! No dirty fingernails, skeeters biting you or nothing. Great score on some real treasure.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread