Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's finds: day 2 at 1784 house. Silvers, VN, IHP, big key, mystery tag

Did a few hours at the new spot. Again, I think it's very dry, keeping the old coins just out of my range. I did manage a few keepers however. Also have a mystery item - my best guess is a carriage tag... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378484.210158.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378493.585908.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378504.830826.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378522.738702.jpg

Any idea on these buttons?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378643.429605.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440378654.267983.jpg
Happy hunting!

Steve

Upvote 13
Nice finds, 1784 ya say? Sounds great, nice hunt!

Very nice finds congrats :occasion14: I have no idea about the tag but it sure looks old :icon_thumright:

Nice finds! The FD button is Fire Department - probable Scoville make late 1800's - early 1900's? Your tag resembles WWI Army Air Corp insignia - possible early servicemans dog tag?

Attachments

• FD Button.jpg
    FD Button.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Pretty cool tag! Don't think I have found a skeleton key that isn't bent in some fashion. I like finding them!

Awesome digs, congratulations. The Pitts plate and the "CC" dog tag are certainly curiosities, got me wondering what they are! The little dog tag has what appear to be Griffins or Seraphim on either side of the five point star, maybe a religious item? Sub 8-)

Cool finds Steve. The things you have to dig to get down to what you are looking for are all keepers in my book. I'd imagine that that tag has something to do with the occult.

Well done Scrappy! You got a little bit of everything. I have never found a skeleton key, so that one you have, looks killer to me. Congrats!

Nice work bud

Cool finds Steve. The things you have to dig to get down to what you are looking for are all keepers in my book. I'd imagine that that tag has something to do with the occult.

Thx loco. If it's not crap or slaw, it's all good to me!

DANG SCRAPPY DOO I CANT SEEM TO KEEP UP WITH YOU . FOR SO MANY NICE FINDS OF YOURS TO SEE , IS ENOUGH TO DRIVE ONE CRAZY.

DANG SCRAPPY DOO I CANT SEEM TO KEEP UP WITH YOU . FOR SO MANY NICE FINDS OF YOURS TO SEE , IS ENOUGH TO DRIVE ONE CRAZY.

Thx Sut. I really want to find out what that big tag is...think I'll go post it in the "what's it" forum.

Nice sweet silver, buttons, and relic goodies! Awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back