Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's Finds from the Field

Hi all. Went back to walk the corn field again this morning with my boxers. Found some old and modern lead and a small flat button. Here's for you Internet guys that like your dirty pics:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418920401.857874.jpg

Here are some semi clean ones:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418920466.223598.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418920493.308016.jpg

For you lead heads, the round ball is approximately .547 in and weighs 245 grains. The little cartridge bullet is about .315 " round, .522 " long and weighs 83 grains. They both have been fired so diameters are not accurate, just close.
The button is about 17.37 mm and has " Imperial Standard " as a Backmark. From what I have read on this forum, it is generic. I have not seen the letters so close to the edge before, so perhaps it isn't as old as the ones lettered around the shank? Any button guru's know?
I liked the cartridge bullet because it is a " mini-me " of my avatar, lol. Thanks for looking and safe hunts!

Upvote 14

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should put some pants on this time of year bud. Too cold for just boxers lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Corn fields are plain hard to detect in, regardless if the stalks are 4" or 3 feet, so anything coming out of them good.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Went back to walk the corn field again this morning with my boxers. Found some old and modern lead and a small flat button. Here's for you Internet guys that like your dirty pics:
View attachment 1093769

Here are some semi clean ones:
View attachment 1093771
View attachment 1093772

For you lead heads, the round ball is approximately .547 in and weighs 245 grains. The little cartridge bullet is about .315 " round, .522 " long and weighs 83 grains. They both have been fired so diameters are not accurate, just close.
The button is about 17.37 mm and has " Imperial Standard " as a Backmark. From what I have read on this forum, it is generic. I have not seen the letters so close to the edge before, so perhaps it isn't as old as the ones lettered around the shank? Any button guru's know?
I liked the cartridge bullet because it is a " mini-me " of my avatar, lol. Thanks for looking and safe hunts!

Maybe you should put some pants on this time of year bud. Too cold for just boxers lol
Lol, Abe. As soon as I saw what I had written, my mind said " Uh oh! ".
Nice finds OD...
Thanks PP. I really like finding the old lead. I never get tired of them.
Yup good stuff right there OD !
Gary
Thanks Gary. I was hoping one of you guys could tell me about the cartridge round. The patina looks like maybe late 1800's to me?
Corn fields are plain hard to detect in, regardless if the stalks are 4" or 3 feet, so anything coming out of them good.

You are so right, Pepper. The good thing about them though is that it is easy to grid, lol.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lmao I chimed in late, was gonna say the same exact thing!!! Ha!

Great finds dave!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing I knew you have the dogs, still bad pix in my head. Nice finds Dave, wish I knew more about those buttons. Two things I do know, its not a reproduction and that is a cool button! I used to shoot a bullet just like that one in my Thomson Center Tree Hawk side hammer percussion cap muzzleloader. It was my first .50 cal. muzzy, 1 in 28 twist barrel.

DSCF0008.jpg

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds dave!
Yup it's easy to pick out the immature idiots on this site. I'm proud to be first in line lol

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Internet guys? Lead heads!?!?!

AND THEN!! You have the audacity to ask for help on something!?!?! :dontknow:

;)

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and good documentation OD. You have had a great fall digging Bud. MC & HH, Q.
Thanks Mr. Q! I have been on this forum long enough now to know what the experts want, lol. Merry Christmas to you, your family and the 2 you hang out with!
Still waitin' for the dirty pictures but if they're of you in your boxers please don't bother.
Not you too, SS! Lol. Good one.
Nice finds congrats on the success.
Thanks Pong. Merry Christmas!

Great finds dave!
Thanks Chris. Just trying to get you to play hookie from work lol!
Good thing I knew you have the dogs, still bad pix in my head. Nice finds Dave, wish I knew more about those buttons. Two things I do know, its not a reproduction and that is a cool button! I used to shoot a bullet just like that one in my Thomson Center Tree Hawk side hammer percussion cap muzzleloader. It was my first .50 cal. muzzy, 1 in 28 twist barrel.

View attachment 1093876
Nice one Brad.
The size of the button tells me it isn't as old as some I have found, but still glad to see it.
Yup it's easy to pick out the immature idiots on this site. I'm proud to be first in line lol
I wondered who it would be Abe!
Internet guys? Lead heads!?!?!

AND THEN!! You have the audacity to ask for help on something!?!?! :dontknow:

;)

And if you notice, I am STILL waiting, lol!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your bullet appears to have been one fired between 1898 and 1900 during the BOXER rebellion!!!! Nice finds OD, and glad you're still able to get out there with this mild early winter.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's Finds from the Field

Now they call me " ping pong "~ I am short, round and only the occasional Asian wants to play with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread