Todays finds in the woods

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Got out today to a site I sorta stumbled on.I had seen something weird looking on google earth in the woods near my house so I headed out to see what it was.Turns out what I saw was old tires and piles of concrete and pipes.Alittle further in I saw a couple of built up cinderblocks sorta looked like a outdoor cooking area.Not really sure.After digging the usual shotgun shells I found a wheatie.Good sign.After a couple hours I had a 1935 merc,1960 rosie a beat up no date buffalo and 5 wheaties 1919, 1926, 1941, 1953, and a 1956.Also found this cool little liberty bell replica complete with the crack in it.Some ornate looking thing that resembles a precision screwdriver.Anyone ever see one of these things.Pictures don't really show the detail on it.Also a old looking possible pewter button.Also some mems and a Jefferson nickel.Newest coin found was a 1964 mem. Nice way to start my vacation.
Good Luck ,Mike

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 541
  • shells.jpg
    shells.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 542
  • bell.jpg
    bell.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 521
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 517
  • whatisit.jpg
    whatisit.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 516
  • iron.jpg
    iron.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 509
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Those are some nice finds and I am sure you will be finding more once you get that top scrap layer off...Way to go on Google Earth!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike NJ,

nice artifacts and coins. ;D

Looks like you got a good site to work
on.

Hope you find much more.

have a good un...........

T

TreasureTales

Really cool little Liberty Bell. Does the ornate thing-a-ma-jig have any moving parts to it? Any wording on it?

BobG

Oct 28, 2005
Nice work on Google.

That screwdriver is what's called a jewelers screwdriver or eyeglass screwdriver. The tip's missing. Various tips were inserted as to what was being worked on. It should turn as you hold the top with your index finger and turn with your other fingers. Used with one hand.

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
BobG said:
Nice work on Google.

That screwdriver is what's called a jewelers screwdriver or eyeglass screwdriver. The tip's missing. Various tips were inserted as to what was being worked on. It should turn as you hold the top with your index finger and turn with your other fingers. Used with one hand.
That's what I thought it was,but the end has a piece that slides off and it's threaded underneath that piece.I have a set of these screwdrivers.I just found it weird that it has ornate markings on it.Mine don't.Pretty cool though.
Thanks,Mike

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The liberty bell is my fav, good looking finds, thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread