Todays finds, kinda dissapointing....

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Well, i finally reached another old area, its a area of woods next to a big field in back of an old house, the problem is....NO METAL :o? Strange...i thought after i re-found this area i would hit the jackpot in old relics and such, but i failed to find a dumpsite, no relics near a animal pen made of stones, none on the paths, nothing!? I did manage to find this older bottle so the trip was not wasted ;D? Its not really old but its better than nothing!? Any ideas on age? Im thinkin 1930's to 1950's.? On the bottom is says "Hellmans Blue Ribbon Registered then an O in a square and the number 3 on the left and the number 8 on the left. Its prettty thick glass. Heres a few pics:

Attachments

• hellmansblueribbon1.JPG
    hellmansblueribbon1.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 206
  • hellmansblueribbon2.JPG
    hellmansblueribbon2.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Jar! The only thing I know about Jars is if they are Ground down on the Top of the jar. (not the lid but where the lid goes) they are most likely from the 1800's

Keep @ it and HH!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Sorry Jake, but I don't know bottles either. Its a nice looking one though. I would tend to agree with your assessment of time frame from around 1930 or so..congrats...Lance

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I have many older jars like these, they all seem to be around the same time frame. Mud you are right: Ground lid=old :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread