Today's Finds & What is it?

sakurasanta86

Apr 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a thought fella's. I really enjoy "Todays Finds", some really great items, and the "What is it" can be of some real interest. Now, I learn some good things from members on this forum, lots of good tips etc. The one thing I've wondered about, with there being so many makes and models of machines out there, is just which detector were you using, and just how did you have it set up at that time, (pre-set programs, custom, all metal, etc. etc.) I think just knowing what your settings and such were set in at that time, and pitch of sound, and even any number readings you might have, could be of a lot of help and information to newer users, if they be new to the hobby, our to that particular machine itself. When I see some of the finds, I can often see what Brand they might be using, but not how they had it set up, sometimes it might cause me to want to try a "different" kind of set up, search mode etc. then what I've been doing, and of course perhaps a better set up for my type of hunting, if I should be using that same brand/model. Again, just a thought. We'll see what happens.

Nick79

Jan 28, 2018
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I too wonder that, but I've also come to realize there's much more to it than that. Sometimes I find my self in a heavy trash area with lots of nails so I'll move my ace 350 to coins. If I am in an area where there's not a lot of trash I'll keep it at all metal. I think also it's huge just getting to know what your machine does in different soil types. Because I'm knew to this I find myself wanting to dig every signal, unless of course it is in a high nail and trash area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread