Can anyone help me identify what is in this quartz?

Dylanm23

May 9, 2018
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing some gold prospecting around a river known for some nice nuggets, well we had very little time I got a few flakes. While I was stumbling around on the large boulders I noticed a large boulder of granite (pretty common in the area) but is was split directly in half, kinda like a giant egg. It was split along a quartz vein, I found it weird that the granite had quartz flowing through it. But anyways I got to looking closer and noticed small pockets of what looked like copper with its green oxide, As well as what seemed to be silver in separate pockets. These pockets were all spread throughout the quartz vein. I didn't have anything to confirm what the substances were but I was hoping that you guys could help me identify them a little better. Here are the pictures! (ignore the dates, I forgot to turn them off) https://drive.google.com/open?id=14GBafnJSk0bjfQ_gkWyR6bVH2GKOGNxn

Thanks,
Dylan

Last edited:

sandyjoyful

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like copper to me but cant say for sure, I think the important thing here is that it took a great deal of heat to get that to mix with quartz, may be an area worth a bit more looking into.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread