wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds

Started to trash these but they look old, so I thought I would post them in case there worth keeping. Thanks if you can provide info on these. Thanks for looking and HH. P5190206.JPG

Upvote 0

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Today's finds

Dont know the exact name for these buckles but I think they were used on horses during the Civil War.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola

They are actually buckle covers to keep the harness buckles from getting hung up and unhooked by brush. Did you dig them in a civil war camp or a house site? I'm asking as some people say they are civil war and some think later. I think they are later as I have never seen one dug in a civil war camp and have never seen a picture of them in use. They are worth a little something though. I'm just not sure how much.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

i found one last year at an old home place. My wife greatgreat grandfather was in the calvary and there was a picture of his unit lined up really close to where i found it. I say keep them i was told their worth as much as 25 to 45 bucks.

Attachments

• 0519002256[1].jpg
    0519002256[1].jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They was found at an old farm house site I'm thinking they was there before the house because one came out from the edge of the gravel drive actually under the drive it was about 1' down. I'm thinking it might have been a camp before the house was there, they were about 100 yards apart, but the grass needs to be cut and it probably won't so it might be till next spring when its not so high to be able to hunt decently.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vayank54 said:
They are actually buckle covers to keep the harness buckles from getting hung up and unhooked by brush. Did you dig them in a civil war camp or a house site? I'm asking as some people say they are civil war and some think later. I think they are later as I have never seen one dug in a civil war camp and have never seen a picture of them in use. They are worth a little something though. I'm just not sure how much.

I think I prefer the just post CW theory

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread