Todays finds...

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:Bunch of crap...but good to know the park is cleaner for it! A dime and 3 pennies today. 2 shotgun shells and another shell slightly bigger than a 22, it was really old thought it was a spring cause it was uncoiling but it was paper from inside the shell. Coolest thing was the old nail. All going to the scrap pile.
todays.JPG

Upvote 1
OP
OP
TheElementOfSand

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just found out that the shotgun shells are 78-125 years old. Pretty stoked about it.
IMAG0237.jpg

NJLargeCent

Feb 8, 2012
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like you said you cleaned up the park a bit and have now weeded out more of the junk so you can get to the goodies. They're there and you'll get them!

OP
OP
TheElementOfSand

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im afraid my old garrett 1976 Fortune hunter just isn't up to par with today's detectors. Hope I get this job next week so I can hopefully save up for the AT PRO. I know of a very popular sandbar and im pretty sure it will produce when I can eventually get there with the right equipment.

OP
OP
TheElementOfSand

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and suppose I have to start a shell collection now since ive gotten 5 of these in the past 2 weeks.

arodi

Aug 2, 2012
If you buy a new detector, i am in need of a good one so I will buy your old one.

OP
OP
TheElementOfSand

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
arodi you probably wouldn't want my detector anyways its way out of date and I plan on keeping it for whomever doesnt have one and wants to hunt with me. On the other hand you can pick one up thats better than mine on ebay for around 50$ usually. Just checked ebay! Heres one that several steps up from mine for less than 50$ atm and its only got a day left for bidding.
P Vintage Garrett A.D.S. Metal Detector w Manual WORKS Co-Planar Coil Deepsaker | eBay

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! I recently found a Peter's shell in a local park too. Looked it up and found an interesting history on the company(Peter's Cartridge Company, Kings Mills, Ohio).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread