Todays finds

CajunPointHunter

Mar 9, 2013
N.W. Louisiana
Strange day for many reasons but the first reason is that I found more blades than points! Love the opalized petrified palm wood blade!

points.JPG

Now I have some questions...I found this piece of palm wood, its about 22 inches long and it looks like a handle was being fashioned, could this be a club of some sort?

IMG_2375.JPG IMG_2376.JPG

Now the kicker...I realize that I dont know everything I've even been called an idiot on occation, but I do know a bit about petrified wood and have quite a lot of it but does any one think its possible for some type of tree fungai to become petrified on the piece of wood? You people stop laughing at me long enough to look at the pictures!!???:BangHead:

IMG_2379.JPG IMG_2380.JPG IMG_2381.JPG

Upvote 0

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hard to say, I have never seen a club with anything other than a wood handle and the club head was a river stone, flint, maybe agatized coral (more common in Fla).
Nice finds though!

OP
OP
CajunPointHunter

CajunPointHunter

Mar 9, 2013
N.W. Louisiana
Hard to say, I have never seen a club with anything other than a wood handle and the club head was a river stone, flint, maybe agatized coral (more common in Fla).
Nice finds though!

Yeah I guuss where it looks like a handle was being fashioned could just be were they knocked off chuncks to make smaller tools.:BangHead:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it looks like a paddle but what did they use to paddle their canoes with? The first pic looks good and the last I really dont know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread