Todays Finds......

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Finds......

I had to open up an account at another bank just to get the halves that I new they had because I purchased 50 rolls early last week and they produced pretty good. The teller said they had more. Well, I went back later in the week and they would not sell them to me because I didn't have an account.

After I opened the account I went straight to the tellers and bought all they had which was 46 rolls. Again, they produced pretty decent. Went right back and dumped. I then hit a few more banks and the total for today is.......

5-90% (1 1954 Franklin)
2-65's
1-66
19-67's
8-68's
6-69's
41 Total

Opening the account wasn't too bad I guess...now I have more dump options. Also picked up 38 Ikes from 1 bank....don't know why I keep buying these things.

Upvote 0

davycoppit

Feb 20, 2007
MN
Re: Today's Finds......

Wow thats awsome. I hope I start getting some results like that. good luck on your next visit
david

morris0863

Feb 11, 2007
Saginaw, MI

I take $300-$500 in loose w/me when I open a new account. Ask for the freebies if they have em and give the teller that helped you credit for the new account. They usually get spiffs for new accounts and they they will be happy to help you because you are their customer. My new one had 3 rolls waiting today when I came in to dump and let me look thru her tray and all her $2 bills w/o buying them. Brought her a bag o jelly beans.

This hobby is easier if you have a good relationship w/your dump banks.

schramm

Dec 25, 2006

lejeuene said:
I had to open up an account at another bank just to get the halves that I new they had because I purchased 50 rolls early last week and they produced pretty good. The teller said they had more. Well, I went back later in the week and they would not sell them to me because I didn't have an account.

After I opened the account I went straight to the tellers and bought all they had which was 46 rolls. Again, they produced pretty decent. Went right back and dumped. I then hit a few more banks and the total for today is.......

5-90% (1 1954 Franklin)
2-65's
1-66
19-67's
8-68's
6-69's
41 Total

Opening the account wasn't too bad I guess...now I have more dump options. Also picked up 38 Ikes from 1 bank....don't know why I keep buying these things.

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark

My God, you have found 2,217$ worth of silver in half's in just a few months.
Thats gotta be some kind of TN record. You ever think of becoming a full time CRH'er. you could make your house with pure silver. :)

schramm

Dec 25, 2006

lejeuene said:

5-90% (1 1954 Franklin)
2-65's
1-66
19-67's
8-68's
6-69's
41 Total

Wow your "pretty decent" day's are better than my best day's!

You and a few others on here are very fortunate to have banks that actually do they their job of handling money(both paying it out and receiving it for deposit).

Where I am at I can't get boxes anymore without huge fee's and I have never had a dump bank,per se,only was able to return a few boxes long ago but quit on my own because I started getting back my own searched boxes with the same rolls I went through and put back in the wrappers-closed the end and put it back in the box,well I started picking up my boxes(from banks other than the ones I returned them too) and they(brinks etc.) would just put new tape seals on the boxes and ship them out again without putting them through the counting machine to hopefully mix in some silver.

I have also received boxes complete with all my searched rolls but in a different box,which means they transferred the rolls probably to insure that the box was full.

I also can't return halves in rolls to banks around me because they charge a per rol fee or a % of what you try to deposit in coin.Apparently they don't understand the concept of their job being to handle money-both cash AND coin!My theory is they figure people have little choice between depositing with them or taking to coinstar and paying 8.9%!

So I instead started spending them more heavily to get rid of them and it took me a long time to spend a whole box worth of halves but it insured that I wouldnt get back boxes that I had already been through again.

Now I just get occasional halves when I can find them at banks because I haven't been able to bring myself to pay the rediculous fee to order a box.

So be thankful that you and others here are still able to order boxes without fee's and that you can dump halves there without a fee.I wonder how long it will last.I envy people like thurmownator who I believe is about to get his 40th! box of the year and were not even 8 weeks into 2007.

That is simply amazing to be able to aquire that much coin to search in such a short amount of time.I hope with all this rambling I got my point across.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

Damn,

You're good....
Real good!

Hoped you kissed Mr. Lejeuene for that Morgan run!

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

patpall22 said:
My God, you have found 2,217$ worth of silver in half's in just a few months.
Thats gotta be some kind of TN record. You ever think of becoming a full time CRH'er. you could make your house with pure silver. :)

Thanks Patpall. I started this hobby exactly a month ago on 1-26-07. I just can't seem to get enough....ha! I set a goal to average 10 silver coins per day. I don't think I will be able to sustain this much longer though because soon I will have to rely on boxes only as the banks I haven't hit in my general vicinity are getting slim.

schramm said:
lejeuene said:

5-90% (1 1954 Franklin)
2-65's
1-66
19-67's
8-68's
6-69's
41 Total

Wow your "pretty decent" day's are better than my best day's!

You and a few others on here are very fortunate to have banks that actually do they their job of handling money(both paying it out and receiving it for deposit).

Where I am at I can't get boxes anymore without huge fee's and I have never had a dump bank,per se,only was able to return a few boxes long ago but quit on my own because I started getting back my own searched boxes with the same rolls I went through and put back in the wrappers-closed the end and put it back in the box,well I started picking up my boxes(from banks other than the ones I returned them too) and they(brinks etc.) would just put new tape seals on the boxes and ship them out again without putting them through the counting machine to hopefully mix in some silver.

I have also received boxes complete with all my searched rolls but in a different box,which means they transferred the rolls probably to insure that the box was full.

I also can't return halves in rolls to banks around me because they charge a per rol fee or a % of what you try to deposit in coin.Apparently they don't understand the concept of their job being to handle money-both cash AND coin!My theory is they figure people have little choice between depositing with them or taking to coinstar and paying 8.9%!

So I instead started spending them more heavily to get rid of them and it took me a long time to spend a whole box worth of halves but it insured that I wouldnt get back boxes that I had already been through again.

Now I just get occasional halves when I can find them at banks because I haven't been able to bring myself to pay the rediculous fee to order a box.

So be thankful that you and others here are still able to order boxes without fee's and that you can dump halves there without a fee.I wonder how long it will last.I envy people like thurmownator who I believe is about to get his 40th! box of the year and were not even 8 weeks into 2007.

That is simply amazing to be able to aquire that much coin to search in such a short amount of time.I hope with all this rambling I got my point across.

Schramm - Wow, it sounds like you have it pretty tough in your neck of the woods. After reading your post I feel bad for you. Where exactly are you anyway? I don't understand why a bank will not take take coins without a fee???? THEY ARE A BANK!!! Paper money & coins are currency. That is a banks business.... >:(. I can kinda understand a bank charging a small fee to order a box.....luckily I haven't experienced that yet and hope that time never comes. Again, after reading your post I do feel thankful...very thankful.

I wish you all the luck Schramm.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TXTim said:
Damn,

You're good....
Real good!

Hoped you kissed Mr. Lejeuene for that Morgan run!

Thanks Tim.

Don't worry about Mr. LeJeuene......I made it worth his while believe me.... ;)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

Good lawd, you have the silver touch! LOL Congratulations once again!!! WOW, you must not have any crh competition where you live. It's really tough around my area. A lot of banks that I have been asking if they have any halves keep saying a lot of people have been asking for halves, is there something special about them. lol :)

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

Box # 39 (of halves) for the year started off well enough; two 64Ps within the first five rolls. The next keeper (an 03D) didn't come along, though, until roll twenty three.

And that turned out to be all there was.

Didn't get skunked, but this single digit (or less) keeper rate has lasted about seven boxes now.

Still, four more boxes coming this week. Remember, you can't win if you don't play.

Happy CRHing all.

arkhunter

Jun 12, 2006
little rock,arkansas
Detector(s) used
whites-garret

Those of you with problems selling back to banks......try SPENDING them back into your area.....force people and the banks to get used to handling them again.......and...maybe knock some good ones out of hiding along the way?

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II

I feel sorry for the coin hunters that live by you!, you don't leave any silver unfound, you have great luck. I think good people are lucky people :) :) :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread