Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's Finds

I got out with Con for quite a few hours today, him with the DFX and me using the Ace 250. We searched for hours looking for a homesite in the woods. We finally found it, but it was overcome with thorns and underbrush making it nearly impossible to move about. I did a little better than him with the clock winder and the key plate. The winder is marked "F. KROEBER" "NEW YORK". I did some research and found Kroeber was in business from 1870 to 1904.

We also stumbled upon a bottle dump with some nice cork top bottles from the same time period, but were not equipped to carry them back through the thicket. We also ended up walking in a big circle trying to find our way out of the forest!

Not a good day detecting :(, but it always feels good to get out for a few hours in the crisp December air :).

Happy Holidays and thanks for looking! ;)

Attachments

• 2007_1222Image0001.JPG
    2007_1222Image0001.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 400
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's Finds

Hey! Now you found the site, though! Will be much easier next time. ;) Don't forget to bring the backpack and the loppers on the return trip! ;)

Neat finds today! :) Nana

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As Nana stated. You have done the ground work, learnt something new, & you can save time next outing.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I sure liked your find ;) and now that you've found the place it will be easier next time :) goodluck on your next trip !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions