Todays firsts

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Today's firsts

I didnt find a whole lot, but i found some firsts. I scored my first V-Nickel, a 1912-D. If it had been a 1912-S it would have been worth a little money. Scored my first carved bullet, and possibly a 2nd one.
DSCN9669.JPG

On the left is a perfect dropped .36 teardrop bullet, and on the left is one that was carved by a bored soldier DSCN9671.JPG

Here's a .69 caliber roundball possibly carved to look like a face. It could just be the buck and ball impressions, but it still looks cool and spooky DSCN9681.JPG

Then theres the mystery bullet on the right that i havent been able to identify yet. I used a .36 caliber colt pistol bullet to give it some scale. I put the right bullet on a micrometer and it came out to about .32 caliber. Any help identifying it would be appreciated DSCN9670.JPG

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's firsts

Those are neat, John. Congrats!

;) RR

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those are great looking bullets. . . that teardrop is nice!

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

KEEP HITTING THE SITE , IF YOUR GETTING MUSKETBALLS. YOUR IN OLD SOIL. LOOK FOR THE POTTERY....PACO

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega

Nice bunch of lead there. I like those teardrop bullets. Suprising how many there actually are out there. I find one about every two years :-[

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Cool finds J. You really know how to find those bullets. I am glad for you, hope you keep finding em. :)

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice batch of lead. I've found a couple .32 bullets in a field near me but I never gave them much thought as being odd.

WTG,
SgtSki

momule55

Nov 9, 2006
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's The Great One's!!!
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great finds!!! If I may ask, are you hunting a "beat to death" site? My hunting pard and I have hunted
some worked out camps and have found that the MXT will find the small cal bullets and cuff buttons that others have skiped over. Do you get iffy signals that bounce between low iron and high tones? We find that we have to "milk" a signal to try to make it lock in. I dig everything that trys to give a high tone.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

Nice finds!! I enjoy finding those old bulletts and what you have there represents two years of finds for me!!

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI

Hi John:

Nice bunch of "stuff". Your "Puppy toe" 69 is fired buck and ball . I will get my bullet book out today and see if I can find your 32.

Keep on diggin

Les

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Congrats John.....nice bunch of bullets there. That MXT loves those things doesn't it. ;)

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax

Gotta love the old lead. I agree that the .69 caliber might have buckshot impressions on it, but those dings might also be from striking with the ramrod.

OP
OP
Missouri_John

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT

Momule, i've found mostly small calliber bullets at this site. I'm not sure if its just from the place being hunted out and other detectorists ignoring the smaller signals or rifles were banned fromthis place, lol. I've found a lot of stuff off "iffy" signals that have bounced around to the iron range

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John, great finds as usual. I am finding new targets similar to MoMule with my MXT. I have had some good success hunting well worked areas and can go slow in the trasy areas and lock in a faint signal and dig some great stuff. Good luck diggin. Tim

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI

I looked your 32 cal bullet up in my book and it looks like a "31" cal Colt pistol. Hope this helps.

Les

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions