juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather has been nice and hot here so, I decided to hit the local water park. The city parks are set up with these auto sprinkler contraptions for the kids to play in. More cost effective than swimming pools, as they filter and reuse the water. Well all of them have a wood chip lot next to them and usually a grass field. So off I went with gold on the brain. Only put in a couple hours and did real well. The first was a small ring with hearts and Arabic writing on the inside. It tested at 10kt. with a weight of only 0.5 grams. The next was the little bear with CZ stones. No markings but just to be sure I had it tested and it came back 10kt. and weighs 2 grams. I was real suspicious but the jeweler says 10kt so I was happy. The next was another small ring with a real worn 10kt inside. It weighs in at 0.7 grams. All of these were found in the grass where the kids lay out their towels. I finished off with the wood chips. Loaded up on clad and the communion charm. It is marked 14kt and weighs exactly 1 gram. So lots of small numbers, but still keeping the streak alive. I am considering going out again this evening. Maybe I will find Mr. T's stash. Luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• newgold11.JPG
    newgold11.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 518
  • newgold12.JPG
    newgold12.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 516
  • newgold13.JPG
    newgold13.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 520
  • newgold14.JPG
    newgold14.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 512
Upvote 0

Africa

Apr 27, 2008
Queenstown South Africa
cool, must be some rich children in your area, to wear gold rings and charms, are they diamonds in the one ring, I seem to dream about the day when I will find a huge cluster gold diamond with lots of diamonds on it when hunting the beaches, but who knows I have already found diamond rings for people who have approached me that they have lost thier rings while on the beach.

Nice finds, I am sure you had fun as well.

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Africa said:
cool, must be some rich children in your area, to wear gold rings and charms, are they diamonds in the one ring, I seem to dream about the day when I will find a huge cluster gold diamond with lots of diamonds on it when hunting the beaches, but who knows I have already found diamond rings for people who have approached me that they have lost thier rings while on the beach.

Nice finds, I am sure you had fun as well.
No diamonds today. But I have found diamonds before. Maybe on the next hunt. I also have those golden dreams, as I am sure the rest of us do.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on finding four gold, makes for a sweet day!!

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cudos to you. i have only found one piece of gold jewlery in a year and a half. still looking myself.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread