Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's hunt: a few big silvers and a skeleton key

For a new "old" site, it's producing some not-too-old finds. My oldest today being a 1879 IHP. I may need to claw surface coins and junk out of the way to get to the colonial stuff;) ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440192452.656100.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1440192462.819179.jpg

Enjoy!

Steve

Upvote 25

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is an outstanding day!!!! that is a killer day, congrats!! :occasion14:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 silver Washington's with one a key date. An older IH and a Sweet skeleton key too, Awesome hunt!!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 quarters one being a 32-S....scrappy ur finds this year are stellar...ur starting to make me mad...ur making us all look bad and extremely jealous...if everyone leaves this site...you know why hahahaha nah man awesome job keep it up and get some colonial stuff now!!

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only found one(1), that is ONE silver Washington in two years and you're complaining?:tongue3: Killer hunt as far as I am concerned, congrats on that '32 S, only 408,000 made, Nice! Love those IH's and Buffalo and key. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

3 silver Washington's with one a key date. An older IH and a Sweet skeleton key too, Awesome hunt!!

Thanks DS - I owe it all to the CTX's magical powers: driving through iron infested, dry, crusty dirt to find the goodies;)

I did nothing but transport it to the site

DashHopes

Aug 10, 2015
Canada USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2.
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, and I always love finding skeleton keys. My best skeleton key was at an old church house, the door still had the old lock on it, so I tried it and sure enough, it worked!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work on the silvers Scrappy, but the find of the day for me would have been the skeleton key. Great collection of digs

3 Silver Washington Quarters (Key Date , & 2 Early Ones as well, Nice Condition too.) More Silver Q's than I've dug in the last year.
I love Skeleton Keys as well , esp when I don't hit them while Digging Them.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well since it isn't Colonial,, maybe you should take it back ,, lol
Nice hunt Scrappy

I'm thinking: Scrape off the surface stuff + rain= colonial;)

I was hitting quarters at 3-4" so maybe between the iron and dry soil I wasn't quite reaching the old stuff. Conditions were so bad that one quarter at 5" was a sketchy signal.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
3 quarters one being a 32-S....scrappy ur finds this year are stellar...ur starting to make me mad...ur making us all look bad and extremely jealous...if everyone leaves this site...you know why hahahaha nah man awesome job keep it up and get some colonial stuff now!!

Lol. I may have used up all my colonial karma already for the year between cobs, reales, KG's, and State coppers so nobody should leave quite yet...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Steve that was an awesome hunt. :notworthy: Looks like a nice fist full of keepers there. That Key Date quarter is sweet. :occasion14: It's always nice when you can did a coin worth a couple bills.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
3 Silver Washington Quarters (Key Date , & 2 Early Ones as well, Nice Condition too.) More Silver Q's than I've dug in the last year.
I love Skeleton Keys as well , esp when I don't hit them while Digging Them.

I went right down the side of this key with the shovel but it's almost unnoticeable. I've actually never dug a brass skeleton key. I have dug iron ones that were super old, but never a brass one.

Steve

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

WTG Steve that was an awesome hunt. :notworthy: Looks like a nice fist full of keepers there. That Key Date quarter is sweet. :occasion14: It's always nice when you can did a coin worth a couple bills.

Yep, I'm no sure how it would grade-out but I really never sell. My wife hates that, so I always tell her they're worth about $5.

"1932-s quarter?"

"Sure babe, it's worth $5" lol

Steve

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DS - I owe it all to the CTX's magical powers: driving through iron infested, dry, crusty dirt to find the goodies;)

I did nothing but transport it to the site

I heard stories about the magical powers of the CTX but, I wouldn't believe them. Lol

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have yet to find an old skeleton.
It is on my MD Bucket List.
Nice!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went right down the side of this key with the shovel but it's almost unnoticeable. I've actually never dug a brass skeleton key. I have dug iron ones that were super old, but never a brass one.

Steve

Did not see the mark in the pic, IMO Yr, good to go.
Eyeballed a Iron Key or 2 , think I dug a larger one , but the Brass type are the majority around here, where 'White Man' time really gets started around 1830.
Yep, I'm no sure how it would grade-out but I really never sell. My wife hates that, so I always tell her they're worth about $5.

"1932-s quarter?"

"Sure babe, it's worth $5" lol

Steve

Man the more you talk/type Your wife sounds like mine... lol 'there's really nothing in it for her til I Die. lol
I mainly show her my stuff so she won't get ripped of on all my Hard Work when I'm Gone.
Funny Every time I say ; Do you know how much this is worth? , I get- Why? Your not gonna Sell it Anyway.
D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread