Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's hunt and an arrowhead?

I went to a spot today...

A little cove that has seen a lot of action over the years. It's junky, that's for sure.

Along the way on the path, I found plenty of remnants from people drinking... and a few pennies.

The one from the 1954 has a nice black colour to it.

Mcove3.jpg

I didnt find any old coins, but there was old bottle pieces everywhere and plateware. The only bottle I found that rung a bell was a broken Pond's bottle.

I found an old YALE lock... but no treasure chest to go with it. lol

Mcove2.jpg

I know the history of the area, and Indians have been here for a long time.

I thought to myself as I walked around... "I wonder if I'll find an arrowhead?"

I looked down and I saw this little guy.

Looks like an arrowhead to me, but I'm not sure.

Mcove4.jpg

Tomorrow... I'm off to a new spot, where there used to be sawmills, a boarding house and a wharf. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0
Re: Today's hunt and an arrowhead?

The point looks real to me :icon_thumleft: and you know the Canadian quarter is .800 fine silver right ? :icon_scratch:

Great finds !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Yes MUD ty :)

I just used it for scale hehe... didn't find that one today. :)

I like that ......think of an arrowhead.....and "bang" you find one.....

I got to try that next time out....(think rings and coins)....my luck will be bottlecaps and washers.....

Nice finds...... :hello2:

looks like a "worked" item to me -- arrowhead.

lol @ still.

Great find there Gio... did that with Iron Patch last year...we talked about arrowheads for a minute and about 1/2 hour later I found one on top of the ground..

Haha, that's right Patriot.

I think sometimes we just have to throw it out there into the universe, and hope for the best.

A little P.O.T. when you're out detecting never hurt... (Positive outcome thinking) :laughing7:

Nice point...next to detecting finding arrowheads is my favorite hobby. I was lucky to live near a field where it was actually impossible not to find arrowheads. It was a camp site used for thousands of years. If you're ever in this area I'll take you over!

stillgottawork said:
I like that ......think of an arrowhead.....and "bang" you find one.....

I got to try that next time out....(think rings and coins)....my luck will be bottlecaps and washers.....

Nice finds...... :hello2:
it works for me most times... nice point MR TUFF

Super awesome digs. :hello2: I need to get out to some more remote places sooner then later and look for some older finds.

Points are always nice, I haven't found one but know farmers have picked a few up on some of my sites so I just need to open my eyes!

GioTheGreek said:
Haha, that's right Patriot.

A little P.O.T. when you're out detecting never hurt... (Positive outcome thinking) :laughing7:

I call it hopelessly optimistic, a necessary trait of a detectorist, or hunter of most types.

Hunthicks said:
Points are always nice, I haven't found one but know farmers have picked a few up on some of my sites so I just need to open my eyes!

The first one is definitely the hardest, takes eye training. They, made of rock lying amongst rocks = not easy to spot. exceptions of course, a white quartz arrowhead lying on top of brown sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back