Todays Hunt in Milledgeville, GA

taterchips

Jan 21, 2008
Today's Hunt in Milledgeville, GA

Went to Georgia College and State University's main campus and hunted. Came out with about $3-4 in clad. Then a cop came and allerted me that I could not hunt here as it was state property. I was very dissapointed that I can't hunt this area anymore seeing as how it's been in use since the early 1800's.

I got my medal detector (Bounty Hunter 2 ($100)) and so far have found a 14k gold ring with a small diamond and three wheet pennies along with several dollars in clad.

Does anyone have any tips for hunting this area? All of the wheats have been found at an old basketball court which is loaded with memorial cents, but I'm getting tired of all the digging and would like to find some older coins.

Any help would be appreciated about the area or just metal detecting in general. I am having trouble finding good sites.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's Hunt in Milledgeville, GA

Welcome & Congrats on the Finds.

Your Best Bet to find the older stuff

Slow down.

It dosn't matter if you are working Very Slow already.

Slow Down ;)

And of course dig everything.

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hi tatechips,
If I were you I would hit the playgrounds. Digging in wood chips is easy and you probably won't get into trouble cause kids dig in them all the time.
Good luck!

johnreb1980

Jan 7, 2008
Plainville,Ga
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and White's MXT 300

Hi, you need to go to your local library,or even online. Finds some old maps of your area. Do some studying up on your surrounding area. I know for a fact there was a lot of civil war troop activity in your area, if you are interested in that sort of stuff. Jonathon

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Milledgeville, is a fairly large town. You might could find\try several public tot parks. Why not try the old fair grounds?
I've been finding my own yard is loaded with coins! Don't get discouraged you live in a historic town. You might get need to get permission but it would be worth your time to do so. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Welcome to the forum and to T-Net!
You'll get lots of advice here, just use your common sense when looking for places to hunt and you will find lots of treasure soon. Anywhere there was people, there will be goodies! Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions