Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hooked up with Waterwalker this morning (water hunter I met on Tnets beach forum)- he wanted to try the area I got my 2 large cents at yesterday
when we arrived a couple hrs before the low tide - the winds were high - water was rough and it looked like the viz was going to be bad
went to plan B - decided to go to another spot that because of its bottom - when winds get high - it is still huntable
told WW where ive gotten stuff there - shallows get hammered and our best bet is to go out far - don't ever get a real lot here
but usually can pull an old gold and few old coins from here out farther where most guys don't go
we both headed out - first coin I got was a buffalo nickel like 100 yrds from shore
then got an encrusted silver class ring down way deep - thought I knocked the stone out but hole was filled with small pebble grains and encrusted too - I headed out even farther as tide went out - was getting old pulltabs here and there - got a loud blast and thought I had another tab
took a scoop and saw what looked like gold slide down my scoop - it was mixed with some dead yellowish seagrass roots and thought eyes were playing tricks on me - looked in scoop and got nice old gold surprise - 14k with a fire opal
headed towards WW and raised my scoop out of the water to let him know I'd gotten one - could not catch his attention - so I headed towards him
as I got close to him - I got a deep signal = turned out to be a musketball
he was retrieving a target - he looked up to see me and gave me a thumbs up - he had just gotten an old gold class ring
told him I got a good one too and said "glad I picked a good spot" - Its nice when you both get gold
thumbsup.gif

Upvote 22

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread