Todays hunt

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
First we went to Calvert to do a test dig at another store, Unfortunatly the original level was 3 feet deep under fill dirt, so we may not be doing this one, then we went to a local yard for a hour or so, Then we decided to go to our spot on wildcat bridge road, we have found some good stuff there. Heres the pics Im hoping thrillatahunt will add his pics later.
The token is a good for 5 cent but that all I could get off it, the 1901 Barber was welcome sight to dig. Then the 1944 wheaty
Thats the first button like that Iv ever dug.

Attachments

• 0321090902[1].jpg
    0321090902[1].jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 594
  • 0321091538[1].jpg
    0321091538[1].jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 597
  • downsized_0321091537[1].jpg
    downsized_0321091537[1].jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 589
Upvote 0
S

seger98

That looks like alot of work, is that an old outhouse you are digging out? Nice finds..

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
You sure dig big holes there! lol You also always find some really cool stuff too!

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tin Nugget said:
Dang Albert, I swear, you don't need a detector anymore, you need a backhoe! Very nice! :thumbsup:

I just got a Front endloader ;D and Im still thinking about what lies 3 ft deep under that store. Thats rick diggin, once we got to floor level, we just wanted to see how deep it was today and of course maybe find something.
It was just a Test hole. Nothing but old glass and brick were found there. We were a little disapointed at the depth. the last one was ony 12-18 deep the one b-4 that was at level, so well just have to see on this one

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
that has to be the deepest sensing SE in the world

lol

post a better pic of the rodeo button

it is really cool

awesome find

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Yall got to understand, the excavation was NOT where the finds came from.
The excavation was a preliminary dig. We are unsure of pursuing it.
The finds were from a sight we hunt on occasions.
My Back hurts, We were both alittle wore out after digging this A.M. , by the time we hit our usall spot we were both tired and sore by the end of the day.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey, Albert, that hole is pretty impressive! ;D ;D

It really looks tiring...it reminded me of a couple of gold sluicing/panning trips I went on last year...we dug, and dug, and dug... :P :P

Congrats on some nice finds at your other site!

Rest up! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

A

Atticus Finch

Thanks for sharing the hunt, It's always exciting seeing what others are doing. Keep up the good work.

Cap Z.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didn't say anything about it. I thought people would call me crazy. I found one of those Rough Rider buttons here at my site about six months ago. Its not in a good a shape as yours, but I proud to know that I wasn't just seeing things. Congrats on the finds. Just got back from Longview today. Went to the treasure show. Wasn't bad.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
TEXAN Connection said:
Yall got to understand, the excavation was NOT where the finds came from.
The excavation was a preliminary dig. We are unsure of pursuing it.
The finds were from a sight we hunt on occasions.
My Back hurts, We were both alittle wore out after digging this A.M. , by the time we hit our usall spot we were both tired and sore by the end of the day.

we know :wink: my friend that that "HUGE HOLE" you were just digging is just a test hole to see how far down was the original floor. I think without that backhole you just got, you will be there digging and sifting well into 2011 or 2012 :tongue3:

never know what might be under your feet from years ago :wink:

maybe another rough rider button for my christmas present :thumbsup:

lol

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Thanks all, Im looking forward to more of your finds Cappy, well both have a little more time :D with the religion forum gone

The rough rider button Is a new one for me as well Old river. I wanted to go to that Treasure show, they used to have it in Killen, but longview was just to far to go for me this yr.

A

Atticus Finch

Yo TC,

I got carried away on Ebay.. Like a compulsive gambler and spent a small fortune. One of my 'treasures' is this London Blue Topaz 50 + ct. I need to start getting out into the field instead of bidding myself into debt. Here's a photo.

Cap Z.

Attachments

• LondonBlueTopaz.jpg
    LondonBlueTopaz.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 218
OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Cappy Z. said:
Yo TC,

I got carried away on Ebay.. Like a compulsive gambler and spent a small fortune. One of my 'treasures' is this London Blue Topaz 50 + ct. I need to start getting out into the field instead of bidding myself into debt. Here's a photo.

Cap Z.

Thats gourgeous.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T.C. great finds I love to follow your digs, I'd rather do it in person and follow with camera like in Caldwell! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread