todays hunt

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
today's hunt

Today was one of those days that was a great day, even though I didn't find much in the ground. I came across a very interesting Web site of "lost ski areas"--see link below. This is for New England (and some other areas) and goes state-by-state, see left side of page at link. I checked out one in Danbury CT and one in Lewisboro NY. Both were very cool. One had the old "house" at the top of the hill with the equipment that pulled the tow rope and the entire tow rope was still in the house. I thought I'd find more. Maybe there will be more luck at some of these other places. Just checking out these old ski areas was cool and it was great exercise walking the trails. Maybe some of you will see sites near you. I thought it would be a great place to search, but a little disappointing. I did see a very cool thing--a 60 ton boulder about the size of a small Uhaul truck, balanced on three smaller rocks about the size of 27" TVs. The old sign said it was natually deposited that way. (Below lists 550 lost ski areas in N England and 50 elsewhere)
http://www.nelsap.org/

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: today's hunt

Lotta cool old sites that you would never even think about that might harbor some nice silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread