Todays Hunt

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Myself,knorrski,lowbatts,dekalb33(+1)and target went huntin today in indy and i am sure they will all make their own posts so here is my results.We started at a 1936 abandoned high school and results were not as hoped,i found 10 coins from 1959 memorial a few 1960 nickles and the rest around the 1960's and 70's.Thought more would be found but that was the breaks.We past a nice looking park on the way so we hit it for a little bit and was able so pick up 14 in clad for myself.The fairgrounds were close by so we tried it for a few and again a few clad was the result.We all went for a late lunch and afterwards me and knorrski said our goodbyes as the rest of our troup as they had to head back home. we still had alittle daylight left so we hit a school with a few clad results and then we finished up back at the park for more of the same results.Totals for myself were as follows:7q 12d 12 n 36p.for 65 combined,We all had fun and it was great meeting new friends,hope to hook up again in the future.

bigrig

Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I'm jealous! I'm working on setting up a couple of small group (2or3) hunts here. I just don't seem to get the time I need to do it right. Hopefully the sale of my busioness will close this next week. Only trouble is I have been hearing, NEXT WEEK ever since Dec. 17th. It's hard to be patient but the reward will be great when it's finally done. I can't really get away from the place until the sale is finalized so I just make these quickie hunts whenever I can. Better days are near. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Keep it up. Spotz

D

Darod

Way to go Bigrig!

I personally enjoy hunting the clad. Particularly when your finding it 3 to 4 inches deep! It means you've found a spot that hasn't been hunt yet or hasn't been hunted very much at all! Lots of potential in those areas. It sounds like all the spots you hit probably hold older coins as well. Perhaps you can make that round again and clean up the areas even more. THEN, make another trip or two searching deeper for the good stuff! You gotta get the low hanging fruit out of the way to see the real prize goodies :)

All in all, I'd say you do really great! Finding clad is better than finding all trash in my book! Well, .....come to think of it, it's probably better in everyone's book :)

Rod

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
thanks rod,me and knorrski are already planning on hitting that school again.the silver is there just gotta hit it again. quite a few of the finds were from 3 to 5 in.deep.

bigrig

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nice to hear bigrig, my 1/2 wanted to spend the day at Wally World, so only got out for an hour. Tallied 3q,3d,1n,10p before dark but got a lot of trash out. How about a Poor Man's Money Clip. HH

Attachments

• S3010002.jpg
    S3010002.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 289

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Had a great time Bigrig! We were selfish or thoughtless or both, we should have immediately shared the contents of the canvas bag, in fact we should have compelled you to use them! Knorrski is truly the Queen of the Hunt! Man do I have a headache right now!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey Bigrig or Knorrski are you gonna post a pic of that bracelet?!?

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
we just bought a digital camera tonite so hopefully we can post some nice ones later.

bigrig

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
rtde3 said:
Sounds like you guys still had fun! It's good to get out with some other MDers. I got together with? bmanofnbc & another guy from our club on Sat.? bmanofnbc found a really nice Half cent. I'm sure he will post it later. All I found was clad & junk but it was good to get out & hunt with others & see what they found.

It was an 1803 large cent. I can't get a good scan of it yet. It's still too dirty. I have it soaking in olive oil for now.
It was fun hunting with you & Floyd. We'll do it again soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread