South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SLICK356, fellow Tnetter, connected with me a few days ago about getting together to hunt sometime. We met today at my Brass Clam site. I spent most of my lunch hour showing him the hot spots at this property and comparing signals between his CTX3030 and my highly powerful A250.

I wanted to see what I was missing. He pulled a few wheats and a small medallion with some promise that needs to be cleaned up. He did this while scanning areas I had hit multiple times where my detector gave iffy signals that I would not have dug. I did get a little swinging of my own in hitting the fringes of some areas previously hunted. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1490813610.374772.jpg

Lucky to pull silver number 7 from this site, and a Merc at that, my favorite design. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1490813669.314941.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1490813678.884590.jpg

SLICK had more time and was planning on hitting more of the property, so I hope to hear back on his results soon. I know he really wanted to pull a silver or 2.

He's a super nice guy and very enthusiastic on the hobby who I was happy to share a location with. I hope to meet up with him again soon.

Good luck out there!

BTW my silver to wheat ratio is back in the black at 16-59. Goal is to keep under the 1:4 ratio this year...

Upvote 8

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, that's a really nice Merc!

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find! I also found a 1937 Merc last friday. I'm trying to explore a new area near some abandoned train tracks but I'm working on my tick prevent outfit first. Those critters are now out in full force near me.

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find! I also found a 1937 Merc last friday. I'm trying to explore a new area near some abandoned train tracks but I'm working on my tick prevent outfit first. Those critters are now out in full force near me.

Yep Ticks are bad already, I also use deer paths quite often which does not help. Good luck!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep Ticks are bad already, I also use deer paths quite often which does not help. Good luck!

Nice merk!
I am shocked you have encountered ticks already . I guess it had to happen sooner or later .
They suck , no pun intended .....
Be careful

CMD

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you too .. i hate ticks ..... wow that freaky skeletor head / face ?? 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread