Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's nickel box

Went through my first box of nickels today. Not as good as some that I've seen, but it was good. I ended up getting around 50 pre-60s. Lots from the 40's, which will fill some holes in my folder, and most of them were S mints. I sure love finding those S's ;D. Got a '41S in GREAT condition; it looks like it just came from the mint. Still has full steps and everything. One lone war nick in the box, a '44P. Finds were slowing down near the end, but my moral was boosted by my FIRST WILD BUFFALO! ;D Full date, 1936. Great shape. I'm gonna dump the rejects tomorrow and hopefully pick up another box. I'm addicted to these nickels!

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's nickel box

Awesome - congrats!!! :thumbsup:

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Haha Jack, gotta love those war nicks and buffs. WTG. :thumbsup:

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jack_Mightyheart said:
Went through my first box of nickels today. Not as good as some that I've seen, but it was good. I ended up getting around 50 pre-60s. Lots from the 40's, which will fill some holes in my folder, and most of them were S mints. I sure love finding those S's ;D. Got a '41S in GREAT condition; it looks like it just came from the mint. Still has full steps and everything. One lone war nick in the box, a '44P. Finds were slowing down near the end, but my moral was boosted by my FIRST WILD BUFFALO! ;D Full date, 1936. Great shape. I'm gonna dump the rejects tomorrow and hopefully pick up another box. I'm addicted to these nickels!

That's twice my average of pre-1960's for $100 PLUS a war nickel AND a buffalo with a readable date....that was a GREAT box!!!!

OP
OP
Jack_MIghtyheart

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

HolyDiver said:
Haha Jack, gotta love those war nicks and buffs. WTG. :thumbsup:

Yo Chris I got a ton of caps for you today, hahaha

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

That was a great nickel box... :thumbsup: That is why I love nickels usually always get a good amount of keepers.

Keep up the good work
Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread