105.4 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just opened a box of nickels(I always check for enders), and what's staring back at me? A buffalo's behind, not one of those 2005 ones either. The real deal. Nice box, hopefully my batch is like yours!

OP
OP
LeoTrench-MAINE

LeoTrench-MAINE

Aug 7, 2011
Americas Maritime Province
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was averaging one or two war or buffalo's per box. This week the average is going up so I have to hit this while I can. All the Nickel boxes are mine as I'm the only one in this area doing them.

I also have found 9 unreadables that are soaking in vinigar for the next two months.

Trench

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LeoTrench-MAINE said:
I was averaging one or two war or buffalo's per box. This week the average is going up so I have to hit this while I can. All the Nickel boxes are mine as I'm the only one in this area doing them.

I also have found 9 unreadables that are soaking in vinigar for the next two months.

Trench
buy NicADate, it's 8.00 and is so fast at making dates appear. I use it all the time! you'll never go back to the vinegar. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
LeoTrench-MAINE

LeoTrench-MAINE

Aug 7, 2011
Americas Maritime Province
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ferric Chloride solution works great, I used it before when I'd buy the slugs out of the 25cent box (this dates me abit..) and got an 1873 shield nickel. I'm gonna get some double strenght vinigar which reduces the time to 3-4 weeks.

I like the vinigar results better as it is a more even tone on the coin when finished. You can stick the whole coin in the Nic-A-date for a miniute and get nice results also, and I'll be ordering some of that in the future too.

Thanks BuffaloBoy, and good luck.

Trench

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread