todays NJ finds

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
went once again to where they are tearing down some rather old, old homes and found a new block section talked to a few hold outs and got permission to even do their yards myself and another MD er found some homes that went back to the 1800's (federal style houses ) even had hitchin posts, wells, out houses and wood burning stoves it was more of a exploring day then a MD ing day. My buddy managed to find some wheat pennies near the hitchin post a beautiful quart grain scoop in great shape (in a barn structure), Todather we both found a bunch of memorial pennies and a 1987 quarter Me was more explring then detecting did find a 1951 mass licence plate (In NJ????) a cermanic heater in excellent shape Hid it will return tomorrow to retreave it , a foot or boot bench or warmer a ??? will post a pic tomorrow this looks like a ice breaker ?? and a roofing axe head but alas no silver coins did get to meet a rather attractive young lady that was down feeding the homeless cats OK for now film at 11

but that area does have alot of history back past the CW so all in all it was still a great day the sun was shinning had a great friend to share it with and I am still above ground

Upvote 0
M

mchamby

sounds like you had a pretty good day, must have been warmer there because it was really, really chilly and windy here.
HH
Mchamby

OP
OP
bill gent

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
all I wore was my imsulated shirt and a t-shirt was warm as toast like i said the best treasure was the tel number (HA) but those homes man what history one can only imagine what happend in that area before all the development
some of the homes that will be razed are in top notch like new state what a shame and lots of beautiful shubbery might get the esu tag along and dig em out to put in the fallen officers memorial garden they are huge flowering shubs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions