TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's odd Half find

Found this today after a 5 box skunk. 1971 Gold Half. Any ideas? Also got a 1964 and 1967. Sorry I cut off the picture. Also got 60 Ike's for face value, the teller couldn't wait to get rid of them. I have had other tellers ask me for them where I dump my coin and as a good will gesture I will turn into them and make someone else's day!

Attachments

• treasure 274.jpg
    treasure 274.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
Re: Today's odd Half find

nice score! i keep the gold plated halves, but many dont...its up to u...only worth face and somewhat common, but i think they r cool! keep it up and hh!

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

Someone on this site posts the add for the gold plated half.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Fun finding the gold-plateds. Could have been plated by anyone. I've found gold-plated, gold-plated silver, chrome-plated, chrome-plated silver, gold anodized, etc, etc.....no end to whats out there!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

I was watching HSN and they talked about their gold plated state quarters that were plated with one microgram of gold. You can do the math to see how much that is. It's not much. Not worth keeping. I have a couple gold plated ones, don't know what to do with them. Some day, I'll spend it at McDonald's and make some cashier happy for a day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread