Todays Park Hunt (pic heavy)

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friend Tom called last night and wanted to hunt the local park this morning. So after finding the usual clad coins I hit a nickel signal. Dug down 3 inches and found this!
005_zpsb5a88f7d.jpg
0062_zps030c9a6a.jpg
This is a FIRST,and the weirdest find I have ever dug!:laughing7: There must be a one eyed bandit using the park. The contact is still in the factory package! Then,Tom said the shuffle board court was old,so off we went to it,and the first signal I got was a faint no TID dime tone. It sounded good after crossing it both directions so I dug it. After digging down 6 inches (hard to do in the dry ground,) I found this!
0032_zps46c664a5.jpg
004_zps21b36edb.jpg
a 1939 Merc!:thumbsup: Later I found "something that looks like a arrow head,(but it isn't) it sounded and had the same TID as a dime. I'm not sure what it is?:dontknow: So todays finds were a mixed bag for sure. The contact lense is the strangest target I've ever dug so far though!:laughing7:
0012_zpsf19e09ee.jpg

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Ron as always

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks,Guy's!:thumbsup: Yeah,the silver dimes are Purdy!:laughing7: I don't seem to be able to find many silver quarters though?( I've found 2):dontknow: The only idea I have is,they have been already found in the high pressure hunted areas?:icon_scratch: I'm guessing they are easier to hit,than the deep dimes? Anyone care to share their ideas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread