Todays pottery

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's pottery

Now that we've cleaned up some of the big debris, it hasn't been safe to walk under a large tree that is stuck there until today so I decided to dig in the bank of the creek in a spot where I've had really good luck with shards and points. Haven't had much rain either so digging and raking are the only way to get things to move around. I found these 3 in the same spot. The larger one is a Burke Phase one and the way to tell is it's tempered with soapstone, there is a fabric impressed pattern on it but it's hard to see in the pic. The other two I'm not sure of the time periods for them, although the triangular one looks to be tempered with soapstone as well. According to the archies here that makes them Mississippian est. year A.D. 1400-1600. Hoping to find some stone stuff too and have next week off so when I'm not doing Spring cleaning in the yard and house I will be out in the creek poking around. Thanks for looking! HH
WP_20150404_003.jpg WP_20150404_004.jpg

Upvote 0

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Peaches :icon_thumleft:, glad you've been making time to look, you don't need to clean anyway, right? lol . Also, have a nice Easter tomorrow. :)

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Peaches :icon_thumleft:, glad you've been making time to look, you don't need to clean anyway, right? lol . Also, have a nice Easter tomorrow. :)

Yeah, who cares about dust! I'd rather be in the creek lol Hope you have a nice Easter too...it's good to see you! Are you having any luck out your way?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds! Hope you find a killer in your dirt digging. :icon_thumleft:

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Always nice to look at other hunters finds! Keeps me motivated. Looking forward to future finds. Happy Easter too.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something about hunting with a rake that I like. Happy Easter. You know your pottery well. Have a fun week and be sure and post up what you discover :)

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to believe we are the only ones getting poured on rite now. Nice finds peaches hope you get some rain soon

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to believe we are the only ones getting poured on rite now. Nice finds peaches hope you get some rain soon

Today it's supposed to be 70 and sunny but the rest of the week thunderstorms, so we're going to try to make a dent in the mowing (riding lawn mower is down for now so push mowing about 3 acres) and we have 2 new raised beds to fill up and prepare for planting (son sells hot peppers to local eateries). We were in the creek most the day yesterday but I found nothing so the t-storms will be a welcome wash. Good luck,rock, in your hunting after your rains!

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, who cares about dust! I'd rather be in the creek lol Hope you have a nice Easter too...it's good to see you! Are you having any luck out your way?

Hi Peaches...yes, had a nice Easter, hope the same for you & maybe you got to look more in the creek? I haven't been doing a lot of "hunting" this year so far, been busy with some family things, but will start back soon. You & rock sure have been having great luck so far this year, love seeing that! :icon_thumright:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today it's supposed to be 70 and sunny but the rest of the week thunderstorms, so we're going to try to make a dent in the mowing (riding lawn mower is down for now so push mowing about 3 acres) and we have 2 new raised beds to fill up and prepare for planting (son sells hot peppers to local eateries). We were in the creek most the day yesterday but I found nothing so the t-storms will be a welcome wash. Good luck,rock, in your hunting after your rains!

don't go by the weather report they are usually wrong. We got about an inch of rain just enough to muddy the creek. Im going to another creek I have permission cause they have started on the fields now. It my time for the dry season hunts Winter is over :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread