Todays River Finds!(Update on contact period Native American Copper Pendant)

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was along weekend for me.My Grandfather past away this past Friday morning at the age of 89.And seems how he had a big hand in raising me from about 5 up well in to my teen years I'll miss him.He was a WWII Navy Veteran and ecaped death from that as he was on a ship in pearl harbor that was asked to pull out to sea to make room for another just before the bombing of peal harbor.Once out the Navy he worked as a Bridge Tender until he was able to retire.He got me started early in farming and water work.As those were some of the things he loved to do.Two things I've done since for most of my life.
Today I needed some alone time and Mding down the river was a good way to do it out on the water miles away from anyone.The finds were Ok but being able to gather myself back up was the real treasure.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Pendant Info At Bottom

Attachments

• IMG_0894.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 3,581
  • IMG_0895.JPG
    IMG_0895.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 3,549
  • IMG_0896_1.JPG
    IMG_0896_1.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 3,569
  • IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 3,560
  • IMG_0898.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 3,537
  • IMG_0899.JPG
    IMG_0899.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 3,517
Upvote 1

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Todays River Finds!

Sorry to hear about your GrandFather , I know how you feel as my Grandfather raised me also.
He will always be with you though that is for sure !

And you got some finds that you will never forget so hang on to items and the memory's that go with them.

Bulldog1948

Jan 2, 2011
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
GC 1036- Gold Digger

I am truly sorry to hear of your Grandfather's passing. May he rest in peace.
Bulldog1948

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello Pete,
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. He was a great man in many ways. Thanks for sharing your story and finds with us. May God bless you and heal your broken heart.

DANGLANGLEY

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!

My sincerest condolences regaurding your gradfather, he sounds like he was one heck of a good man.

Excellent finds, but may I ask exactly to what those teeth belonged to? there is a set in there that look to be alligator, but I could very well be wrong about that.

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry to hear about your loss, as a former Navy Man myself i can say fairwinds and following seas, I am sure he was a great man, My father passed away exactly one year ago today I miss him so.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:thumbsup:

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pete, sorry to hear about your grandfather, sounds like you two were really close!! Times like this are really tough, hang in there Bud. You and yours are in my prayers and thoughts. Blind Squirrel

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer

I always think that my grandmother is watching from above and helping me on whatever I do.

Congrats on the finds, I like the pipes and the teeth.

Cheers

trixie charger

Aug 31, 2010
N.C.

Your in my Prayers!,

Mine is facing Cancer again, and hes not wanting to fight it this time, so my time is coming. They raised me too, my parents were always working. Im so sorry for your loss :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :angel11:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

My Condolences on your loss.
Your Grandfather is an American Hero :icon_salut:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks folks for the kind words.
Time will heal it,he was a good man and not one like him your run across very often in life.He'll be missed by many back home as everyone either new him or was related to him in some way or another.
You
All
Take Care. :notworthy:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am glad you got to get out and gather your thoughts ! Sorry for your loss ! Yet someone always gains when someone else loses something ! Like the finds you gained today ! MaineRelic

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MaineRelic said:
I am glad you got to get out and gather your thoughts ! Sorry for your loss ! Yet someone always gains when someone else loses something ! Like the finds you gained today ! MaineRelic
Thanks MaineRelic! :thumbsup:

I did want to ask if anyone had a clue on this piece with the hole in it.I found it in the same area as these buttons.But all were mixed in with indian artifacts as they were in a indian shell bed with scores of indian pottery and pipe peices.It was about another 3" deeper then the buttons and came out looking just as shiny as it does in the pick I've done nothing to it.It reads 3 ferous & 27-28 conductivty.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0902.JPG
    IMG_0902.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,788

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My condolence on your grandfather man. Some nice finds for the days keep up the good work :icon_thumright:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

God rest his soul , your Grandfather ..... :angel2:
Nice finds !

iowaguy

Jan 9, 2011

Sorry for your loss! He sounds like great man! Thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours!

fibberjibber

Mar 7, 2008

Pete,
I am sorry for your family's loss. I dont know about the shiny object but those teeth look like horse teeth to me. I would have them checked out by a state university zoologist or paleo expert to see if they are ancient. Horses were native here on the continent when the first migrations of people came over from asia 25,000+ years ago but were quickly wiped out. Their bones show up regularly in archaeological records. That would be a great score!
-e

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fibberjibber said:
Pete,
I am sorry for your family's loss. I dont know about the shiny object but those teeth look like horse teeth to me. I would have them checked out by a state university zoologist or paleo expert to see if they are ancient. Horses were native here on the continent when the first migrations of people came over from asia 25,000+ years ago but were quickly wiped out. Their bones show up regularly in archaeological records. That would be a great score!
-e
Thanks Guy's,
fibberjibber agreed they are horse,cow, pig/boar & even bison can not be ruled out at these sites I hunt.As you can see here not the first I've found.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,309207.0.html

John Lawson speaks of bison here in the carolinas at the end of the 17th century.Drawed pics. of them so he was seeing something.
http://www.learnnc.org/lp/multimedia/5930
Take Care,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread