Todays Sterling Finds

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Today's Sterling Finds

Hit all the local yard sales this morning with fairly good results. At the 4th house I hit I scored a sterling bracelet for $3 that weighed almost an ounce. About 3 houses later they were having an estate sale where I scored a sterling plate & a candy dish for $4, total weight 6 ounces.

I have to wonder what I missed there.....they were supposed to open at 8, I got there at 7:45 & the lady at the door told me they started selling at 7 because there were people in the yard. I did see some piles of stuff marked sold that looked like it might have been deals but that's the way it goes.

Any day I can buy 7 ounces of sterling for $7 is a good day.

Re: Today's Sterling Finds

Sounds like a good score to me. :icon_thumleft:

Ace Villa-v

trdhrdr007 said:
Hit all the local yard sales this morning with fairly good results. At the 4th house I hit I scored a sterling bracelet for $3 that weighed almost an ounce. About 3 houses later they were having an estate sale where I scored a sterling plate & a candy dish for $4, total weight 6 ounces.

I have to wonder what I missed there.....they were supposed to open at 8, I got there at 7:45 & the lady at the door told me they started selling at 7 because there were people in the yard. I did see some piles of stuff marked sold that looked like it might have been deals but that's the way it goes.

Any day I can buy 7 ounces of sterling for $7 is a good day.

I know what you mean.... There is a bit of a sinking feeling when you're the Early Bird getting there 15-20 minutes early, only to meet several "Earlier Birds" carrying away things you only can guess what they are....

Good score with the 7oz !! Things around North Texas seem to be few and far between, and their not near that much weight... Keep up the good hunts!!

Bill

Bill

In the fairly small town I live in there are between 10-20 yard sales on Saturday. Most days I start at 6:30 & am home by 8:30. In general, 3 out of 4 weeks I buy enough to make $30-40 bucks. It's that one day out of 4 that I find enough to make $100 or more that keeps me looking.

When you consider how much crap someone working in a burger king or wal mart has do deal with to make the same money you are doing quite well this way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back