Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Sterling Silver Finds

This evening I spotted a house with lots of junk outside from a clean-out (lots of these lately). Still looking through some of what I picked up, there's so much stuff! :treasurechest:
In a bag with some costume jewelry I just found these four nice pieces of sterling jewelry!
Three sterling silver bracelets and a sterling necklace that matches one of the bracelets! So cool!

Silver 1.jpg Silver 5.jpg

Couple of the sterling stamps:
Silver 3.jpg Silver 2.jpg

In total the weight is at 55.6 grams of Sterling jewelry (without the beads, probably around 35-40 grams) I'm happy with this :icon_king::
Silver 4.jpg

Upvote 9

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome stuff, id be interested in seeing a big pic of all your finds, or wont it fit all in one pic lol!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You continue to amaze with your finds from stuff that people throw away

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SAYYYYYYYYYYY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to swing when you can pick it up at the curb. Lol

Love seeing these finds.

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SAYYYYYYYYYYY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

It's called "trash raiding", it's easy to do if you live in a big city. Houses get sold, apartments get rented, and all the stuff gets thrown away. Take it all and look through it and you'll find treasure.
Some of my best trash finds from this year include a hoard of silver coins, nearly an ounce of gold jewelry, and a US Civil War Staff Officer's sword just to name a few (I find stuff like this every single week like clockwork).
All from the curbs of NYC; it's sometimes more lucrative than metal detecting (but I'm starting to think my finds are exclusive to the richer parts of the NYC area only):
20150611_101350.jpg DSC08857.JPG DSC08691.JPG

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love seeing all this great stuff you find ! I'm also regretting no longer living there as I used to find great stuff at the curb near you years ago...Do you ever wonder, as I did, about our country..... Our society that just discards so many valuable items? Glad your saving what you do...God bless...

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love seeing all this great stuff you find ! I'm also regretting no longer living there as I used to find great stuff at the curb near you years ago...Do you ever wonder, as I did, about our country..... Our society that just discards so many valuable items? Glad your saving what you do...God bless...

It keeps me up at night sometimes. Knowing that every night more likely than not an entire life's fortune has been collectively disposed of (in NYC alone), and despite all the nice things I save they are just the tip of a massive iceberg of valuable things that are now lost forever. What gets me upset is that most of the things our society throws away nowadays work just fine or have just something very slightly wrong with them that can be easily fixed. We have become a throwaway society, sacrificing quality for cost, beauty for functionality, and our environment for convenience. One day we will need to mine our own landfills for resources. People have become mindless drones who live for nothing more than acquiring the next new gadget (while concurrently disposing of the previous one even if it still works).

Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It keeps me up at night sometimes. Knowing that every night more likely than not an entire life's fortune has been collectively disposed of (in NYC alone), and despite all the nice things I save they are just the tip of a massive iceberg of valuable things that are now lost forever. What gets me upset is that most of the things our society throws away nowadays work just fine or have just something very slightly wrong with them that can be easily fixed. We have become a throwaway society, sacrificing quality for cost, beauty for functionality, and our environment for convenience. One day we will need to mine our own landfills for resources. People have become mindless drones who live for nothing more than acquiring the next new gadget (while concurrently disposing of the previous one even if it still works).

well said, definitely well said.

in the meantime you just keep
reaping the rewards!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the sword a C. ROBY ?
No scabbard ?

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are the man! :occasion14:
Love the look of the US CW Staff Officer's Sword... amazing what some folks consider to be trash! :hello2:

Dave

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super cool score! They bag it up or ya to take!

That used to happen here too till they passed trash regulations and limits.

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the sword a C. ROBY ?
No scabbard ?

It's German-made. W CLAUBERG SOLINGEN
Made around 1855. Looked for a long time but never found the scabbard.
DSC08679.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions