Dodad

Dec 8, 2006
Gore, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Whites Prizm IV
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today's Thought

I just wanted to say that today was the first day in several months that it was cool enough in Oklahoma to get outside without feeling like you were going to have a heat stroke and I decided to swing the detector for a couple of hours,And that is exactly what I did and all I did. You see the recent drought we have been in has made the ground hard as rock. I decided that even though I wasn't going to be able to dig my targets I was still going to enjoy some fresh air and get a little excercise, and at the same time get an idea of what sort of targets are in my own yard and at what depth some of these targets are located. I know this sounds a little crazy but after this summer it would take a jack hammer to break ground anywhere around here. The point is even if you don't pull up that once in a lifetime find, there are still rewards for getting outside and scanning the area. My reward was sunshine,fresh air, a little excercise, and knowing I still have treasures and trash buried in my yard. Enjoy everyday and you will find your own rewards.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's Thought

One more reason Oklahoma is a good place to be from. Left there for a six month job in Colorado and still here 7 years later. Never gets over 80 degrees here along the divide in summer. Seriously though, y'all stay out of the heat and I hope it cools down. And I pray y'all (and Texas) get some precipitation. I'm just afraid it's gonna be in the form of an ice storm though. Two seasons in Oklahoma, summer and ice storm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions