Todays Trip and My New "Hobby"

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Trip and My New "Hobby"

Think we finally have the 5" tuned in pretty well. Running nothing but bare mats.
Tons of fine gold... now we have to move to areas with better and bigger gold.
One of my new "hobbies"...
Grabbing cool looking rocks as they roll down the mats.

417846_501368156583962_1429210716_n.jpg

Here's a piece of bedrock that has been rounded over the years.
Nice formations in it as well.

969625_501368233250621_315102114_n.jpg

Here's the gold from a 45 minute run.
Not all that great. We're moving to different area to find the larger stuff.

308462_501368189917292_1700999579_n.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
doc thoses rocks look intresting. ill be heading to goregia to the buchanan gpaa site june 15 i think

I found some amazing looking stuff all day, just wish the gold was better.
We'll hit it soon, just takes time.
Have fun out there... I've never been out to that lease.
Doc

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golghog/doc,
Yes some of the "rocks" a person comes across are very interesting to lovely. The one with the quartz vein in it would probably look quite lovely if a cut were taken across the vein and then polish the cut surface.

The gold may be small but then it is gold and the weight of it adds up quickly as it fills a sample bottle up.

I would enjoy seeing a picture of your equipment at work especially as your photographs are quite well done!

Thanks for sharing and the best of success to you....................63bkpkr

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golghog/doc,
Yes some of the "rocks" a person comes across are very interesting to lovely. The one with the quartz vein in it would probably look quite lovely if a cut were taken across the vein and then polish the cut surface.

The gold may be small but then it is gold and the weight of it adds up quickly as it fills a sample bottle up.

I would enjoy seeing a picture of your equipment at work especially as your photographs are quite well done!

Thanks for sharing and the best of success to you....................63bkpkr

Every year I let the guys at the shop build one "home made" project.
We use mostly things bought at home depot, then use our mats in the sluice.
This year they wanted to go big so they built a 5" that could handle the floods we get.
We should be pulling about a gram an hour (average) if we are on good ground in GA.
Here is a pic of the unit. It is also in the video we posted.
Doc
969380_501368086583969_1303554595_n.jpg

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doc, I gotta thank you for your mats, they are worth so much more than you charge but it may not seem so for a first time buyer however all those fears disappear once you use them. I'm glad to see you using them. I'll be running this weekend and shooting some vid of your mats in action and after cleanup. I've posted reviews on Tnet here in various places.

Oh and that dredge is a monster lol. Looks good

Last edited:

Island_Hunter

Mar 31, 2013
Nanaimo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that dredge moves some serious material!! And as Doitlaynstyle said, I couldn't be happier with your product! Worth every penny.

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc, I gotta thank you for your mats, they are worth so much more than you charge but it may not seem so for a first time buyer however all those fears disappear once you use them. I'm glad to see you using them. I'll be running this weekend and shooting some vid of your mats in action and after cleanup. I've posted reviews on Tnet here in various places.

Oh and that dredge is a monster lol. Looks good

Thanks...
The one thing everyone should learn... which I did MANY years ago.... is that mining and prospecting is a learning process that NEVER ends.
Everyday I go out I try and learn something, or at least challenge what I "think" I know.
This week has been a TIRING learning process.
:)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
So true Doc! anyone that says he didnt learn anything,isnt listening/watching! i still pickup on little things that i may have overlooked or just to stupid to see or know what they just did! yep im still learning everyday!

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Doc,

I've been finding a lot of cool rocks as well. We have lots of crystal outcrops on our land and I think we've got the market cornered on Garnets. Just started testing a new dig site but got close to fifty Garnets in the first pan of classified materials as well as more black sand than I've ever seen in a single pan. Will be contacting you soon about some mats as I think it's about time to upgrade my operation here.

Jeff

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks...
The one thing everyone should learn... which I did MANY years ago.... is that mining and prospecting is a learning process that NEVER ends.
Everyday I go out I try and learn something, or at least challenge what I "think" I know.
This week has been a TIRING learning process.
:)

Way too true! I haven't gone back out even one time without modifying my gear or adding supplies from lessons learned on the previous trip LOL. If you watch the video we also check out and enjoy "ODD" rocks. Lately we have been finding Pure hematite rocks in the same old creek bed as the huge quarts rocks. Fully magnetic. Its crazy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions