Todays’s Treasure 🤨 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
A wild and windy day today, gusts were up to 47mph it was hard to hear the signals even with the head phones turned up 😆 but loved it, also made a better hat choice so no chasing my hat today! xx

Today was a day of spindle whorls.. neat lead roll, musket ball, strap loop and bit of a buckle, buttons, one still has the thread on, 4 crusty pre dec and 3 very scrappy Romans.

Not as good finds as yesterday, but I walked around the edge of the field rather than go back to yesterdays spot, we know there was a Roman Villa on this field and it boarders the Roman Road, so love trying to find new hot spots while the fields are so patchy it’s all good research and you never know! 😆 xx

IMG_2271.jpeg
IMG_2272.jpeg
IMG_2273.jpeg
IMG_2274.jpeg
IMG_2275.jpeg
IMG_2276.jpeg
IMG_2277.jpeg
IMG_2270.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

Upvote 23

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ancient hints yet again.
The rolled lead another good "stash" to have on hand back when...
And being as spindle whorls are not part of any detecting for me thier finding , plus thier use is so industrial on a personal scale.
And here you have one with a square hole.
Is it to keep it from slipping on it's hub?

Coins, buckles and buttons. Still1

Dandelions are up. in the pics. lots of use. But at least a bite as a spring tonic.
Not sure if the large broad leaves are plantain or not. If so a peasant would be delighted.
A yellow horizon in the field pictures. Yellow rocket? It's an early to get started weed here. And might indicate a herbicide application is forth coming. lessening my interest in what is edible on site. L.o.l..

Congrats!
Would have been a knock out hunt for detectorists without such history underfoot.
Not that it wasn't for you... But the wow factor remains regardless.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More great finds! Now, if I could only train my two Basset Hounds to sniff out the coins and artifacts, I might find more great recoveries myself! Good ones for sure. Thanks for the posts.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A wild and windy day today, gusts were up to 47mph it was hard to hear the signals even with the head phones turned up 😆 but loved it, also made a better hat choice so no chasing my hat today! xx

Today was a day of spindle whorls.. neat lead roll, musket ball, strap loop and bit of a buckle, buttons, one still has the thread on, 4 crusty pre dec and 3 very scrappy Romans.

Not as good finds as yesterday, but I walked around the edge of the field rather than go back to yesterdays spot, we know there was a Roman Villa on this field and it boarders the Roman Road, so love trying to find new hot spots while the fields are so patchy it’s all good research and you never know! 😆 xx

View attachment 2141994 View attachment 2141995 View attachment 2141996 View attachment 2141997 View attachment 2141998 View attachment 2141999 View attachment 2142000 View attachment 2142001
View attachment 2142002
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread