• IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 239

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Pritchard's CO Book says Cronin's Saloon - 1915. He lists other from Dan Cronin at a couple of Denver addresses including 2060 Champa which is probably at the corner of 21st & Champa. On one of those, the books says The Oak Saloon - 1904-15, so presumably this one is toward the end of that period. In 2004 he had noted 4 examples of the one you have.
John in ID

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good token M.Gold
GRATS.

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info, I'm getting to like finding tokens. Any idea what its could be worth just for my records.

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee
don't know the value of it but surely it would be worth over $20 and possibly over $50. being saloon related may be worth finding out more from knowledgeable collector of the area or saloon collector.
the condition is great if you ask me on the obverse, the rev. is a little worn overall and may affect pricing to a saloon collector.

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee
hey, i better back off making any judgment on saloon, bar etc... tokens. my speicialty is coal and lumber tokens. all i know is for sure having the word saloon on the token with the state is huge. because it reaches out beyond just the local area or state collector. sort of like having a sign with a famous baseball player drinking a coca cola and while sitting on a one wheel cycle....you know multiple interest..(there's a word for that but i lacking...!)

OP
OP
montanagold

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info guys. We dig allot of tokens here, just 2 days ago 2 of my friends went to a new site and both pulled out the exact same token ( cant remember where they were from) but were offered 550.00 for one of them. I am starting to really like tokens. Montana tokens are my fav, so if you want this token from your area and have a Montana one to trade I would be interested. Thanks all

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee
take offers like that, there are only a few top collectors that are willing to pay that much. once they have the token the price drops dramatically. now in the saloon arena there seem to be deeper pockets! ha ha!
breaking new ground happens every day also, so nothing is cast in stone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread