ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these at a pre-1940 homesite. Of course one is a button. But the other may be a token or badge. The reverse side is blank and the front Has. Ray K-(corroded) -UN--O CJTY PA.
I'm thinking the "J" in CJTY is a "I". Did some research. A boy named Raymond Kerr lived there. Coincidence ? ??? 2012-10-27 11.16.11.jpg

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
These souvenirs were sold by machines often found at carnivals. Put your money in, turn the knob and imprint one letter at a time until your name and town is complete, then out it comes. I think somebody has shown pics of a typical machine on one of these forums. And yes, the person making the thing often got off a letter and messed up the whole thing, so yours was no doubt made for or by Ray Kerr.
John in the Great 208

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RAY K. UNION CITY PA

either he misspelled it while making it or it has damage, & You may be on to something

they were popular in the 60's

although it could have been BigC
I believe PBK originally posted pics of the machine

Last edited:
OP
OP
ibjeepn

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool ! Thanks guys.:occasion14: The home was torn down by 1940. There's a 1923 patent mentioned in the post. It could very well be Ray Kerr's. I also found the lens and viewing assembly for an eastman camera, Patent 1910 at the same spot. Thanks again. Rick

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread