Token 1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0

gaspars ego

Jan 29, 2005
florida
Detector(s) used
MPX DIGITAL
It's prolly a joke token like the cards you'ld give someone "this card entittles you to on good f k or something like that

just a guess though

steve

C

Carl in CO

You want the street address of Fat Ann's? ;D

gaspars ego

Jan 29, 2005
florida
Detector(s) used
MPX DIGITAL
That's cool man nice coin don't spend it all in one place :D
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Steve

D

Darod

I think you may have an antique brothel token there buddy.

Check out this link:

http://www.rptrading.biz/BrothelTokens.html

Your token is not on the page, at least I don't think it is but, I think with a little more research you could find it easily on the web.

Rod

Oh, by the way, GREAT FIND!

D

Darod

Hey serb,

That one in that link you posted is exact! Great job.

Rod

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
http://www.exonumia.com/fakes.htm
Check out Rich Hertzog's page. He is one of the token experts out there and points out these are fanatasy tokens, no real or intended purpose outside of simple entertainment. Somebody else might have tossed it when they found they did get ... well!

But it's one that didn't get away!

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
I agree with buckram. I dabbled in the antique biz for four years. Went to alot of estate auctions and such. One thing I found out is that there is a lot more reproductions than authentic "bawdy house" tokens around. And if you found it on a salt water beach it couldn't have been there long. Salt water is one of the most corrosive materials there is.
Still fun to find though! I'd keep it.

serb535

Sep 10, 2004
cleveland ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm III
darod...thanks glad i could finally help out!! :) serb

i have a green river whisky token that i found here in cleveland... its one of two token i have, other one i have't ID'd yet, i have it soaking now...but still waiting for warm weather u[p here....

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
I think if you did find an authentic frontier "Bawdy House or what the heck Whore House" token you would not immediately know it. Advertising for such services on tokens is a modern rendition. Hard to believe any? token with? such advertising is anything but modern.

George?

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
You don't need a token to get - - - - - - -! Just take out a loan at any local bank or visit any lawyer. Maybe loan officers could give those out. Even so, It's interesting find. At least I haven't found one around here as of yet. Spotz

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
The pic below is one I got some years ago during street work here in town. The saloon was open in 1910-1911 and it was reported that some of the "easy girls" from the east of town were working upstairs. The temperance union closed the place down upon hearing ill of the place. Don't expect anything bold on any real token of the times, those temperance union ladies were pretty quick to act on any hint of additional vices to the already evil one of drinking.

Just put into perspective, the ladies of the day didn't vote, smoke or drink AND they could close down anyplace where their man might also. Ah for the old days of women's rights. Dragging you off to church by the ear and you hiding that bottle in the privy...

Attachments

• EStoken.JPG
    EStoken.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 174

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Nice token Lowbatts! Just realized I been sittin here for the last 3 hours. Maybe I can get that much time in swingin the DFX tomorrow. Thanks for the pic. Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread